You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Miscellaneous

Have you heard about 14 second staring rule?

Rishiraj Singh, the excise commissioner in the state of Kerala, has said that a '14-second stare' at a woman could land a man in jail. He was delivering a speech to students on August 15 in Kochi.

The people were amused and the video containing the statement went viral ridiculing the absurd theory as nothing like this is provided under the rules. Few quipped as to what will happen if the 'stare' is diverted only after 13 seconds or if the person concerned blinks in between.

According to law, staring per se may not be an offense. Watching a woman engaged in a private act in certain circumstances, making obscene gestures or lewd remarks to women, using indecent body language and using force to outrage the modesty of a woman are mentioned as punishable offences in the Indian Penal Code.

Let us discuss the subject matter with a view to create awareness about the social menace of eve-teasing.
    I have recently heard this. So, from now onwards, I will use a stop-watch if I feel like staring and would stare for a maximum period of 13 seconds!
    “Whenever I feel the need to exercise, I lie down until it goes away.” - Paul Terry

[Response removed by Admin. Read forum policies.]
    No life without Sun ¤

Ridiculous! All these days, I thought that Kerala is the state in which most people are educated.

Rishi Raj Singh is an IPS officer of the 1985 batch and presently holds the post of Excise Commissioner in Kerala. The officer, hailing from Bikaner has a history of going out of the way to take down the corruption at various levels.
    Let us encourage each other in sharing knowledge.

This thread is locked for new responses. Please post your comments and questions as a separate thread.
If required, refer to the URL of this page in your new post.