Basic points to keep in mind when contributing to ISCFriends,
The following is not just for articles, but generally would apply to your other posts as well, such as when putting descriptive text for an update, submitting a review, putting information for a school or college post, etc.
- Do not put words in quote marks.
- Do not put a full stop at the end of the title.
- While in a forum thread you can put a question mark at the end of the title, there is no need for this for an article.
Summary issuesDo not write a Ph.D. for the summary! Keep it concise and precise, restricted to a few sentences. Best would be to put it in a Q&A format. You thus put a query or two first with the words 'Are you searching for….?' or 'Want to know about….' and then write 'This article gives complete information about…….'
If you come up with some good descriptive text to convey what your article is about, you can put this as an introductory paragraph to your article rather than putting it in the summary box. It will attract the reader to peruse your whole article.
- Leave only 1 space after a full stop and comma punctuation.
- Leave a one-line space just before the heading, but no space if the previous sentence ends with an ordered/unordered tags for listing points.
- Do not leave a long space between the number and the words on that line. Thus, it should be like this:
1. The city has 12 primary schools.
2. There are 10 colleges.
And not like this:
1. [large space................] The city has 12 primary schools.
2. [large space................] There are 10 colleges.
Links issuesTony Sir had announced the new policy change for links. Note that this does not mean that you can give links to any & every site. For example, do not give links to products' sites – in such cases, you can give a few only, with the "nofollow" attribute.
Secondly, when giving a link to an external site(high authority sites preferred), do not let the link open in the same browser tab. Instead, add target="_blank" attribute which will open the link in another tab on the right, thus keeping the page of your post still open. This ensures that the reader is not necessarily going away from our site & will likely check the other tab, close it and come back to the ISC page.
Another important thing to be noted while giving a link is the "rel attribute". Add only target="_blank" to the link if the external website is a Government, Educational or any other official site(.gov, .edu, .org). Add both rel="nofollow" and target="_blank" tags to all the other links that are passing to another website.
Infolinks ads issuesDo not place excessive Infolinks ad units via your Infolinks account. Please adhere to the Infolinks policy change.
You can post your queries here in this one thread for any issue related to any section in relation to any confusion you have about how to post something. If your post is in pending status and you've not understood the reason stated by the editor, then too you can ask here and clear your doubts.
Going ahead, we may add more instructions and guidelines here based on the responses we get in this thread.
Do not post complaints here though about deleted posts!