You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Tennis & Badminton

Prayers all over India for a Gold in Rio Olympics!

Yes, she is the pride of the nation. Proving our trademark - unity in diversity, people across the country offering prayers to their God for her win in the badminton final in Rio Olympics. Happy to see the news channels that a sports event makes people United. Keep it up Sindhu. You are great. All the best. Also my appreciation to your mentor Gopichand. If every one devotes to train like him, there is no need for craving for medals
    They would be on our way.
    P. V. Sindhu will compete with Carolina Marin a badminton player from Spain in the finals. Carolina Marin born 15 June 1993 is two years elder than Sindhu born 5 July 1995. Carolina Marin is currently ranked No. 1 in the world by Badminton World Federation Women's Singles 2016 and is the world champion in women's singles in 2014 and 2015. Thus it will be a battle of the first Olympic medal for both the players.

The author has raised a very appropriate thread as only the divine intervention will decide the gold medal winner.

Let us pray to God for a gold for India through P. V. Sindhu.

Let us encourage each other in sharing knowledge.

Just now I have seen that the personal record of Sindhu against Carolin of Spain is 3-4. This means that Sindhu has won 3 matches out of 7 against Carolin. So, definitely Sindhu has fair chance of victory. Prayers of 125 crore of Indians will remain with her.
    “Whenever I feel the need to exercise, I lie down until it goes away.” - Paul Terry

I too pray for a Gold for India through Sindhu. When I analysed it astrologically and numerologically, I could predict that the fight is going to be very tough. It is the fight between Venus and Raghu, the two powerful friendly Grahas in the universe. Who will win? Unpredictable. Who will carry home the Gold? Sindhu or Karolin? Let us enjoy the game first. Today being Friday, the day of Venus, Venus is likely to have an upper hand.

Who is Venus and who is Raghu? Will be disclosed only after the game result. Let it remain a suspense to all who watch the game.

No life without Sun ¤

The final match is on. Marin came back to form after losing first set. Sindhu slowed down. Appears to be the Venus of your choice.. Now, 1-1. Third set the decider of Venus.
    Regards,
    Jagdish

India got SILVER through Sindhu.
    Congratulations to all of us.
    I watched the full match stroke to stroke. Sindhu played outstandingly well.
    Carolina Marin got GOLD.

Let us encourage each other in sharing knowledge.

Let us congratulate PV Sindhu, the silver girl of India. Hope to see her as a golden girl in next Olympics. Let us feel proud and rejoice her victory.

Venus did not favour Venus. Venus helped Raghu to get the Gold. It proves that Raghu is stronger than Venus.

Not to worry. Unlike any foreign girl, every Indian girl is a Golden Girl as every Indian girl wears at least few milli-gram of gold as her earstuds.

No life without Sun ¤

Sindhu fought with all vigor till the last and so the Silver medal won by her in Rio is more than Gold to us Indians and all those who supported her all through. Well done Sindhu and hearty congratulations for fighting till the last minute! You have made us proud!
    Knowledge is knowing tomato is a fruit; Wisdom is not putting it in fruit salad - Miles Kington.

India got one silver and one bronze so far. So there is a great need for a gold medal. Hope the prayers from all of us would fetch a much needed gold for India.
    K Mohan
    I consider myself as the learner everyday

I watched the entire match. I felt very happy that P. V. Sindhu gave a good competition to Carolina Marin, the world no. 1 in women's singles badminton. I felt very happy when Sakshi Malik won a bronze medal and double happy when P. V. Sindhu won a silver medal. Just imagine the happiness if India won a gold medal. Its priceless. Let us hope that India will win a gold in the coming events.

This thread is locked for new responses. Please post your comments and questions as a separate thread.
If required, refer to the URL of this page in your new post.