You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Miscellaneous

Even after losing, A Game that changed the point of view Indians.

Yesterdays match of P.V sindhu against spanish playwr Carolina Marin was one such game that has made India to see sports other than cricket.
    P.v sindhu really played like she was in a battlefield her performance has given a hope to Indians.
    It also shows the importance and strong will of Indian womens to get through every kind of odds and difficulties, in the long lost of players it was womens who won medals for India till now.
    I really enjoyed her game last night, also thousands of Indians prayed for her like they do in an India-pakistan cricket match.
    I never aspired to see any such Olympic match. But I was lured to see the match yesterday at 0730 hrs p.m. with a great hope that PV Sindhu would win the gold for Indians to feel proud. I could see the girl's playing spirit on the court against the Spanish player Carolin, the No. 1 Badminton player. She has done her best in the first set. Alas! She lost it in the second and third sets despite her best efforts. Doesn't matter. She will remain as a Golden girl of India forever with her Silver, in the heart of all Indians.

PV Sindhu, an unperishable name that will be remembered forever.

No life without Sun ¤

In the morning when I read the Hindi newspaper, it was mentioned that she had won 'gold like silver'.

I had also watched stroke by stroke match yesterday. Sindhu's height and Carolina Marin being left-hander proved the critical factors in her inability to win the gold. However, winning an Olympic silver at the age of 22 years only is like gold only. She became the youngest Indian women to win an Olympic medal.

She had already been conferred with a Padma Shri and Arjuna award by the Government of India in the past. Sindhu will receive is a BMW from V Chamundeshwarnath, president of Hyderabad District Badminton Association. The Telangana Government has announced a cash award of Rs one crore. The Madhya Pradesh Government has also announced a reward of Rs 50 lakh for Sindhu

A Vijayawada-based top jewellery showroom chain will sign up Sindhu as their brand ambassador. Mahindra and Mahindra will gift one of their famous SUVs to Sindhu.

A glittering reception is awaiting her when she returns from Rio

Let us encourage each other in sharing knowledge.

Yest I am proud of the batminton player P V Sindhu who hails from Hyderabad and the way she played the Rio Olympics games nearly stunned every one and the upcoming of this great sportsperson credit must also go to Coach Pullela Gopichand.
    K Mohan
    I consider myself as the learner everyday

Agreed. For the first time, Indians watched a sport other than cricket with such interest. I am not interested in watching sports and not even cricket. But I watched the match last night. Even though she lost the match, Indians are very happy as she won a silver medal. Our Indian gave a very good competition to world no. 1 player. That shows her talent.

Sign In to post your comments