You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Quiz & Puzzles

A Sun quiz on God and his deadly weapons

Members,
    Here is a good quiz for you to answer. Most of the Gods possess their fighting weapons in their hand. Lord Shiva possesses a Trishul; Similarly, Lord Vishnu possesses too many weapons like a conch to blow, a sword to fight, A wheel to take away heads, A gaddha to strike, and a bow to kill.

The quiz is - Name the following weapons held by Lord Sri Vishnu
    1. The name of his Conch is ........................................
    2. The name of his Wheel is........................................
    3. The name of his Sword is ......................................
    4. The name of his Gaddha is ...................................
    5. The name of his Bow is ...........................................
    My attempt at answering your questions -

1. The name of his Conch is ........................................Panchajanya. That is exactly what Lord Vishnu kept using in Krishna incarnation.
    2. The name of his Wheel is........................................Sudarshan.
    3. The name of his Sword is ......................................Nandaka
    4. The name of his Gaddha is ...................................Koumodaki
    5. The name of his Bow is ...........................................Sharanga

Live....and Let Live...!

I will go with Timmappa. His answers are correct .
    Regards,
    Jagdish

The following are the name of the weapons held by Lord Vishnu

1. The name of his Conch is Panchajanya
    2. The name of his Wheel is Sudharashana Chakra
    3. The name of his Sword is Nandaka
    4. The name of his Gaddha is Kaumodaki
    5. The name of his Bow is Sharanga

Since answers has been appended by members already, there cannot be further participation and that can be treated as copied content. So this kind of quiz may not get good attention from the members. However I appreciate the efforts of the author.
    K Mohan
    I consider myself as the learner everyday

The contests of this nature have to be conducted by asking members to send the entries by email. That would avoid the possibility of copying. Since the answers have already been posted and since there cannot be any other answer than those posted, it would be good to lock this thread.

@Sun, please note that the request to close the thread does not have anything against you or the topic of the thread.

Live....and Let Live...!

1. The name of his Conch is 'Panchajanya'.
    2. The name of his Wheel is 'Sudarshana Chakra'.
    3. The name of his Sword is 'Nandaka'.
    4. The name of his Gaddha is 'Kaumodaki'.
    5. The name of his Bow is 'Sharanga'.

Let us encourage each other in sharing knowledge.

Thank you members,
    This quiz was mainly intended to make aware of Lord Vishnu and his deadly weapons for the world to know through ISC.

@ Timmappa: Please note this. It is not the members business to request to lock this thread as there are too many forum editors to do their job on their own or the author is the authority to request for a lock. Members should maintain their own business of posting and responding only , not to act smart or advise or guide the editors.

No life without Sun ¤

Mr Sun, there is no need to feel offended by a suggestion. Locking a thread is no doubt the prerogative of an editor and the author does enjoy the privilege of making a request to that effect. But a mere suggestion by a member need not be taken so seriously because they too have the right to make suggestions. Whatever may have been the purpose of your quiz thread, I do feel it could have been executed in a better way. With answers already posted, I am locking this thread. Let us try to post effective contents.
    Knowledge is knowing tomato is a fruit; Wisdom is not putting it in fruit salad - Miles Kington.

This thread is locked for new responses. Please post your comments and questions as a separate thread.
If required, refer to the URL of this page in your new post.