You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Miscellaneous

Dont decide when you are angry and do not commit when you are happy

We are some times in catch 22 situations when we are forced to take some decisions when we are actually in angry mood. The decisions may be in favor of us or even against us but to get rid off the situation we take such nasty decision. Like wise when we are in happy mood , we try to commit something to others which may not be achievable as per present circumstance. But presuming some positive thing would happen and based on that big promises are made means, it will backfire you. Have you ever been came across such situation?
    Very important decisions are should not be taken impromptu. Take the example of weddings. Selection of the would-be spouses is a long drawn process and even after final selection and at the time of actual execution, seven steps are taken in the Hindu weddings so as to enable the partners to backtrack even at that stage.

The fun part apart, it is true that very important decisions should not be taken instantly without due deliberations and critical evaluation of the same. In my office work also, it was my policy to not to take a very important decision on the spur of the moment.

All situations don't have clear cut answers. Many decisions have long term ramifications. Selection of a job out of two in hand, leaving the home for joining a hostel, to go for studies abroad or not, to buy a particular house or sell the ancestral house etc. are some of such important decisions to be taken by the common man.

It is always advisable to have some cooling-off period to get the excitement subsided before taking the final decision.

Let us encourage each other in sharing knowledge.

I totally agree with the author. Often people speak so many things in anger and make so many decisions. And regretting later after the situation comes to normal will serve no good.I have seen many a times that people speak out so much in anger that they end up spoiling even their close relationship with someone.

Decision making for anything should be done in a peaceful mind. Peaceful mind is a state with cool, calm and present mindset. Deciding anything in angriness and grief always gives wrong outcome. However, some people couldn't speak anything in normal; but can speak truth when they're very angry and sad.
    Regards,
    Naresh Kumar
    'Every bad situation will have something positive. Even a dead clock shows correct time twice a day.'

Well, I must say that's a good suggestion put forth by the thread author. And that forms the essence of leading a peaceful and tension free life.
    No decisions should ever be taken on the spur of the moment. Do calculate the pros and cons before arriving at a decision. In the spur decisions always are taken on an emotional level and can turn disastrous with their results .

Live....and Let Live...!

Its a really helpful suggestion Mr. Mohan. I am following that from years and even enjoyed its fruits many times. I talk less especially when I am angry or happy. Both of these are the types of emotions which make us forget ourselves and have no control on what we are doing. So, we should be very careful when we are angry or happy. I have seen may people who suffered later due to the decisions they took when they are angry or happy. People experiencing an emotion to an extreme must be left alone for some time so that it would be helpful to both the parties.

Correct, as there are sayings in Tamil as 1.Kobam kannai maraikkum - Anger hide everything when one has 2. aaththirakkaaranukku buththi mattu - those who with anger will have less wisdom. In such situation one if take any decision, the same would be definitely ends in tragedy. If one has anger in him the words whatever he utters would be meaningless.

Sign In to post your comments