You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: IndiaStudyChannel.com

Some tips to be in top 20 members list of Indiastudychannel.com every month

Very often we come across by the existing and new members as to how to be in the top list of 20 members who are sure to get the Revenue share bonus from this site. In this regard I wish to give the following tips so that it can be tried by those who has the zeal and eager to have a place of their name in the list.

Submit at least 25 responses in this forum. If the responses are in detail or even two line answers, you will get 50 points.

Raise at least two threads daily. Each thread would fetch 5 points - so 10 points assured.

Participate to review in article section. Good reviews can fetch 5 points and more.

If you have interest to give experts answers, visit Ask Experts section and give apt answers.

Likewise, post one or two Jobs posting with details.

If the above tips are followed, surely you will be top five member of this site every month.
    Revenue Share Bonus is a type of honorarium only and cannot be a reason to all concerned for being in the top 20. There are members representing various strata of the society e.g. there are many students who may not find enough time to contribute prolifically to be or remain in the top 20. Similarly, many working individuals and women contributors may not find enough time daily to contribute on a regular basis.

My observation in this regard is that certain minimum level of standard and quality should be maintained in contributions in any section of the ISC. Generally, most of the members are likely to experience in finding a suitable topic for raising a thread. Because of this reason only we are getting so many threads on topics related to the Olympics directly or indirectly because a readymade topic is available nowadays. The same is the case during festivals and 'days' (like father's day, friend's day, no smoking day etc.).

New authors have to be encouraged in their learning endeavors. The simplest threads to respond are the congratulatory messages threads.

Let us encourage each other in sharing knowledge.

Well, those tips for the newbie members are a welcome gesture. But, the author of the thread should have added that posting responses merely for points is not encouraged here. The emphasis on the points may be taken in a wrong spirit and as such can cause an onslaught of irrelevant responses just to garner more points.
    Live....and Let Live...!

I created this post for the benefit of new members and no interior motives.
    K Mohan
    I consider myself as the learner everyday

Mr Mohan, while I appreciate your gesture to support and encourage new members, I would like to categorically state for the benefit of all that such calculated number game need not necessarily work every time. Threads and responses, including responses to articles, are being scrutinized and members who seemingly make such calculated moves will find themselves being penalized.

I would advise our members to post relevant and quality contents without getting too much worried about points so that you gain respect as an author. There are no short cuts and members should not take advantage of the liberal attitude being shown by the admin in this regard. It is not just about what one claims through different mediums, we, as editors, do assess as to what one's intentions are, though we tend to be lenient taking into consideration the effort and time spent in posting a content. So, hope you got my point.

Knowledge is knowing tomato is a fruit; Wisdom is not putting it in fruit salad - Miles Kington.

Yes, Saji Ganesh - that was my point why I made the above statement. Unfortunately, it does not seem to have gone well with the thread author. I have always been against the calculated efforts at staying on top. Paying too much attention to points will definitely make the quality of your contribution go down. Being to the point and relevant is what will make you a good author.

I have seen a few members here - even so called seniors - chipping in with their responses in each and every thread. They do not think about the relevance of their response. The major goal seems to be getting more points and staying on top. That is exactly what I want to be discouraged.

Live....and Let Live...!

Very simple is this. Instead of wasting our time in forum section, just try and write two good articles that would fetch 50 points each. When this is calculated for RSB, it would fetch the member 200 points. So, 200 points x30 days = 6000 points. This will keep the member on top of the top 20 list with heavy cash to share. Least, a member should produce one good article in a day for 50 points that would fetch 3000 points in a month to ensure RSB at the end. Further, if a member can write a small article for 25 points, the member will be able to earn 1500 points earn some RSB.

For members who are weak and lazy to write articles, Mohan's suggestion would be better to earn some RSB.

No life without Sun ¤

The advices given by Mohan Sir are very easy for everyone. He's focused mostly on forum section, as he is a regular contributor in ISC forum and knows the easiest methods as mentioned in his thread. Apart from regular contribution in forum, if a member posts a good quality content daily and earns at least 50points there, then it could be an additional benefit for members of ISC. As suggested by other members above, the new as well as old members must focus on quality with quantity of posts in every section.
    Regards,
    Naresh Kumar
    'Every bad situation will have something positive. Even a dead clock shows correct time twice a day.'

If Saji feels my post is irrelevant and only raised to accumulate points, then he must be have locked it and given negative points to me. He made a platform now to allow other members to say against this thread and that is unwanted. I need not stoop to such level to earn points here. My idea was to guide the new members. If others wont like just keep out. By repeat participation they are only earning more points in guise of criticizing this thread.
    K Mohan

I appreciate the simple advice of Mr. Mohan especially useful for the new Members. They should start with Forum posts and Forum responses along with Expert Answers. After gaining sufficient experience in this site, they may explore other options to earn points and cash credits. I will also advise that every Member must check the ongoing competitions and participate in these competitions. A Member can earn handsome cash credits and points by show-casing his/her creativity in this platform.
    “Whenever I feel the need to exercise, I lie down until it goes away.” - Paul Terry

Mr Mohan at #576185, I never said that your thread is irrelevant. My point was to clarify that calculated moves to earn points need not yield desired results all times and so was giving a word of caution to newbies lest they get misguided.
    And Mr Mohan, do you seriously expect all the members to concur with your views raised in a thread; you have said otherwise many a times, if I am not wrong. Let us be benevolent enough to accept the freedom of speech within permissible limits.

Knowledge is knowing tomato is a fruit; Wisdom is not putting it in fruit salad - Miles Kington.

When this thread is useless then lock it at once.
    K Mohan

Mohan sir, I would like to add some points.
    We have My India section, at there members can visit their local place and can post some good and new information or update, which will not only bring them good points as well as cash credit, even the site get new content which will bring good traffic for us.
    Also another section is to add some points in resource section, because different people is having different level of knowledge. So it will add points for member as well as content to the site.

As far as new members are concerned, they may continue in the forum section for some time to learn. However, after learning phase, they should post contents in the resources section also as there is no end to value addition in that section. Information in respect of schools, colleges, universities, courses and various sub-sections of 'My India' are perhaps more important.

Mr. Mohan, I agree with you. Posting forum responses/expert answers will be helpful for learning and getting fluency in English language. I don't know about others but it is the main reason behind my improvement in English language. But, is posting 2 threads per day possible for all? I mean, I posted a total of less than 50 threads till now and most of them are problems/complaints or achievements/milestones. Anyways, your suggestion will be helpful to all members, especially the newbies. And, I don't feel that this is a way to earn points in a calculated manner. Instead, it is a way to organize a members' contribution.

#576168 (Mr. Sun) : If a member posts two articles per day which earn a total of 100 points and cc, he/she will earn 3000 points and cc. The revenue share bonus will be calculated for 3000 x 2 = 6000 points and he/she will be the top contributor and will earn at least Rs. 2000 as RSB. So, he/she will earn a total of Rs. 5000 a month. Wow!

Krishna - For the purpose of calculating the Revenue Share Bonus, the points earned by posting contents in the resources (*edited) are given double weightage compared to the contents posted in the forum section. Therefore even from RSB point of view, the contents should be posted in resources and ask expert sections also.

What I conclude is: -
    Write one small article daily to fetch 25 points and Rs. 10cc. (25x2 = 50)
    Create three good forum messages to fetch 15 points,
    Respond minimum 10 forum posts and earn minimum 35 points.(average 3.5 points)

Now you have earned 100 points in a day. 100x 20 days (Give 10 days off) =2000 points. Oh! You are dead sure of RSB for that month.

No life without Sun ¤

#576252 (Mr. Kailash Kumar) : Are you sure that points earned from ask experts answers are considered double? I thought double factor is only for resources. Could you provide any links of web pages with information about RSB?

Krishna (#576271) - I could not locate any such link and therefore edited my response accordingly.

K Mohan,

Do calm down. You stated "If Saji feels my post is irrelevant and only raised to accumulate points, then he must be have locked it and given negative points to me." Did anybody indicate that you are raising this thread to garner points? Please do not read between the lines where nothing exists. What is being stated is that you could have - and in fact should have - clearly stated too in the thread's text itself that collecting points just for the sake of RSB should not be the aim, but instead quality content should be focused on.

May I give some gentle advice: If as a senior member one is guiding others, one must also put in important aspects don't you think? See how you stated it: "If the responses are in detail or even two line answers, you will get 50 points." - meaning (by using the words 'if' and 'or') you are indirectly hinting that why bother with details even? Why not just give any 2-line answer and get the points anyway? Essentially, you are encouraging members to collect points any which way they want in the forum!

Besides, by emphasizing so much on the forum points and less on other sections (you have not even suggested articles, reviews of schools & colleges, updates and exam papers), you may just restrict members to contributing to the forum alone instead of spreading their wings and being active quality contributions in other sections.

So do please try to understand that when you are giving tips, convey them in a good way and explain them more clearly instead of trying to imply short cut methods of contributions that are not really conducive to the development of the site.

Now, please take this response too in the right spirit & try to understand the message I am trying to convey.

Regards,
    Vandana
    Managing Editor, IndiaStudyChannel.com

I am constrained to say that I now notice tendency of creating controversy in respect of a totally non-controversial thread. Mr. Mohan's simple and useful advice to the Members, especially new Members, is being brought to the centre of controversy.

If any Member does not like the advice, he/she may provide his/her own set of guidance. Where is the scope to criticize Mr. Mohan in this thread?

“Whenever I feel the need to exercise, I lie down until it goes away.” - Paul Terry

Partha,

Pointing out missing guidelines should not be considered as criticizing. I've had my own threads on guidelines & instructions being put under a microscope and essential elements that I missed out on being pointed out by others, both by editors and general members. We are all here to learn from each other so let's do it in its totality in a wholesome manner and not in bits & pieces which may by themselves be helpful but do not convey the entire picture correctly.

Regards,
    Vandana

I see nothing wrong with Mohan's post. He has illustrated a direction for reaching the top twenty contributors list. It is his list of tips; it does not necessarily have to tally with someone else's list.

Revenue Share Bonus is calculated solely on points accumulated by members. Quality and content of posts are never taken into account, while compiling the list. Hence, if there is a flaw, then it's with the system, in how the top twenty contributors are picked. Let us not criticize Mohan for providing (wrong) guidance - the system allows such practices. He has only voiced something that exists.

Moreover, RSB is one of the highlights of ISC. He would be at fault if he had suggested cheating the system. Not everyone is capable of posting in every section of ISC. Take Mohan's example, he has consistently featured in the list of top twenty contributors – even with his limited postings. His tips are based on his experience.

How does posting quality content or being recognized as a good contributor benefit a member? At the end of the day ISC creates a list of top contributors based on points accumulated - ignoring the quality of the content.

A fool will always try to make sense of his nonsense!

Juana at #576285, no one said that Mr Mohan is wrong, but he, as a senior member need to raise such guiding threads more responsibly. Whether one follows his tips or not is a different issue but he should have been more clear in what he wants to convey. Garnering points or making it to the RSB list must not be drilled into as an ultimate aim in the new members. The very fact that Mr Mohan has lost his top slot in Forum is a glaring example of how the tips provided by him may not work out in the coming days.

Please do keep in mind that no one is an enemy here and we are all expressing our opinions in such a way so that nothing wrong happens in totality. I have observed you coming up in support of members when their mistakes are pointed out and I do appreciate your initiative but do try to understand the underlying facts before doing so. I could make out your indirect hint and do agree with you to some extent; let us wait and see!

I have made my point clear and and have no intention to continue the discussion any longer.

Hope Mr Mohan will appreciate that I didn't lock the thread when he asked for it; try to get the point.

I guess the environment here on the site is not cordial as I had been expecting it to be. Sorry to say, I was asked by one of the editors not to bring the mention of my being the number one contributor on Techulator which is the sister site of ISC, I have been forced to do it here. I have been into the content writing for the said site for over a year now and have been treated as one of the best authors out there. I guess I have proved my level best here o ISC as well after my becoming active here in March this year. Iam an editor on the site I mentioned and I am glad we do not indulge in this kind of spat over there.

As for the response by Mr. Mohan in #576185, did I accuse him of garnering points? It was just an added suggestion to place an equal importance on quality as well. His thread invariably gives an impression that it is just the number of points that matters. And that is exactly what made me make those comments.

I can't really understand the logic behind what he said " those who do not agree can stay out". What exactly does that mean? He only wants sycophants who agree with every word he says? If criticism - a positive criticism is what he cannot take, then there is no point in having any discussion here in this forum! This is the second instance on in just two consecutive days!

I am sorry to say, but I have no words to explain how much aghast! One more autocratic member! Looks like there is no way we mortal beings can keep contributing here.

Live....and Let Live...!

Timmappa at # 576297, there is no need to feel disheartened. We do have these kind of discussions here often.
    I suggest that authors should be ready to accept both sides of a coin if they are genuinely interested in carrying a discussion forward. The point is that one should be clear and need to take a stand.

Let me assure you that staying out of a thread is not the choice of the author but is the prerogative of a member provided he has something relevant to say.

I am feeling bad that you had to to come up with such a discouraging response. Believe in yourself should be a motto which we need to follow!

@Saji – To begin with please desist from looking at comments contrary to yours, as personal jibes. Others passed their views, as did I. I found nothing wrong with his post, which is what I mentioned in the comment. What is irresponsible about the content he posted? Which rule has he flouted? He suggested something, as do others. Don't we have editors weaning members from the forum, asking them to contribute in the article section? Isn't RSB a celebrated feature of ISC? Isn't selection for the RSB based only on points? When RSB is a bait, why receiving it should not be a goal?

I wish you'd spell out the ultimate aim that every member should focus on. Your comment on Mohan losing the top slot in the forum is unbecoming of an editor. It was downright mean of you to do so. For your information, despite losing the top spot Mohan retains his position. He is ranked #3 in the forum responses, #2 in the forum and #4 overall for the month, so far.

Your appreciation of me has no meaning, as I am not looking for brownie points. Besides, your judgement of me is incorrect. I do not blindly support members when mistakes are pointed out. I voice my opinion when I see an error of judgement. I think we are all entitled to a view. Speaking in support of someone is not wrong. I do so, only when I am convinced that an injustice is being carried out. For instance, I do not read the phrase "…even two line answers…" as an instruction to post poor quality content. How many forum posts require detailed responses? Do not some posts require just two line responses? Too much is being made of a simple post.

I was quite direct in what I had to say. I do not mince words, so do not understand the context of the 'indirect hint' that you have referred to. I see unexplained sections in your content, though – you have left a lot unsaid and expect me to make sense of it.

A fool will always try to make sense of his nonsense!

Last year a radical decision was taken by the Webmaster by totally overhauling the system of allocation of system generated points in respect of subsequent responses of the members on their own thread. Despite being aware of the likely fate of my suggestion, I would prefer to say that perhaps it is now high time to introspect about the existing point generation system in respect of new threads also which should ideally be linked to the quality of the contents as being considered judiciously at the time of awarding cash credits.

#576305: But who will decide the quality of the content? The author raising the thread will always oppose the decision of the concerned Editor if the decision is unfavourable to him/her.

However, coming back to the main issue being discussed in this thread, I must state that most of the time new Members are advised to initially concentrate on Forum posts and Forum responses. With experience, they try their hands in other Sections. Mr. Mohan has advised the same in his own words. So, the thread is totally non-controversial. Who don't agree, may post their own suggestions/advice. This is as simple as that.

#576306 -
    1. Editors only can evaluate quality.
    2. I had myself raised the following thread which is related to the subject matter -
    How to score more points in ISC when you have less time to devote?

We all have been lured to ISC only to earn some cash. Points are primary for earning cash through RSB by remaining on top in top 20 list. Quality is secondary. Does ISC award points for the quality or the quantity? Sure, it is for the quantity only. A lenghthy and irrelevant response gets 5 points, while a short and important response gets only few points. So, the length of the post or response is counted and points awarded.

Mohan is right in all respects. The member cannot be blamed. I don't appreciate ME's response as well editor Sajis's response. RSB is purely based on points(in whatever manner), not on quality.

No life without Sun ¤

I will suggest Mr Mohan to take criticisms much more sportingly. When you are a learner every day (your forum footer says that), that's the first thing you should acquire, before you can expect to learn anything new. Regarding quality and quantity issue; sadly, majority of us Indians are inclined more towards quantity ('the chalta hai' attitude). That's one of the reasons why quality of life is poor in our country, even though there's lot of wealth in the country. Yes, I too agree that the system should be improved, so that quality of posts gets more consideration.
    Patience and perseverance pays

Wow my unwanted , wrong, misconceived , non useful , just posted for points, is getting greater responses from many and making them to earn points which no body is noticing.
    K Mohan

To everyone advising newbies to follow the tips as advocated by Mr Mohan, I will simply like to ask - what if say, 30 newbies decide to follow the tips and score 2000 points. Now as per Sun's timeless logic, @ response 576264, everyone will be assured of RSB as they have scored above 2000 points. Unfortunately, we all know that's simply not possible. Only 20 can get RSB. For the remaining 10, it will be heartbreak. They will certainly cry foul. Following the tips has all gone in vain. Forget 20, not even 10 of them will manage to share the RSB. Why forget the oldies? Will they permit their names being struck from the monthly rolls of RSB? No, never. They will work even harder to cement their monthly share. Oldies won't leave ground that easily. So the logic, that following a certain pattern will assure you RSB, falls flat on such grounds. What good is such tips when it can't assure a share of the RSB to one and all? The tips will only work, when say, only a limited few follow it.

Moreover, what's so big deal about RSB? Except for the top few members, most make a paltry sum from it, that too in the range of Rs 200 – 300/-. That much amount one can easily make by taking part in the Resource and the Ask Experts section. All that one needs to take care is posting quality articles and responses. In the beginning I too was excited about RSB. But these days, I hardly bother about it at all. What one needs to take care is quality posting, whether in the resources, ask experts, my India or the schools and colleges section. That alone will assure you of rich gains.

I will advise newbies not to rush up in their quest for points. You will not be able to sustain it for long. A cautioned but steady approach, will go a long way in establishing you as a star in ISC. It is surprising many oldies who themselves are not into following Mohan's tips and even sometimes blame him for his points scoring approach have now teamed up and are going gung-ho advocating newbies to follow these tactics. What may theoretically be possible, cannot be always realized practically. So friends, especially newbies, be realistic, go steady and be consistent. That way you will not stumble and get a bad fall.

Patience and perseverance pays

Now that everyone has had their say, I feel that it is time to close this discussion.
    Regards,
    Vandana

This thread is locked for new responses. Please post your comments and questions as a separate thread.
If required, refer to the URL of this page in your new post.