You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Olympics

An interesting quiz about Olympics

Just for a change, I am raising a different kind of thread which is a quiz about Olympics. There are only following five questions but the same are interesting -
    1. How many countries are participating in the Rio Olympics 2016?
    2. Who is the first independent athlete to win a gold medal in the Rio Olympics 2016?
    3. Which games were added first time in the Rio Olympics 2016?
    4. Which events can be watched free of cost at the Rio Olympics 2016?
    5. How many refugee athletes are participating in the Rio Olympics 2016?

Let us participates with a sportsman spirit.
    My knowledge is almost nil in sports. So, I know the answers to only three questions.
    1) 207 countries are participating in Rio Olympics 2016.
    2) I don't know.
    3) Golf and Rugby Sevens are the games being conducted for the first time in Rio Olympics 2016.
    4) I don't know.
    5) 10 refugee athletes are participating in Rio Olympics 2016.

My Answers for the informative questions raised by the Author.

1. Totally 207 countries are participating in Rio 2016.
    2. Shooter Fehaid- Al- Deehani is the first person to win a gold medal in Rio 2016 as an Independent Athlete.
    3. Golf and Rugby are the two new sports which were added for the first time in Rio 2016.
    4. Some of the open- air events like Athletics-Marathon,Race Walk, Canoe Spirit, Cycling road-Road race, Cycling road-time trial, Marathon Swimming, Rowing, Sailing and triathlon can be watched without a ticket.
    5. Totally 10 refugees (4 Women and 6 Men) are participating in 3 sports in Rio 2016 Summer Olympics.

An ancillary question - are there 207 member countries of the United Nations?
    Let us encourage each other in sharing knowledge.

#576231 : No, Mr. Kailash Kumar. As far as I know, only 193 countries are members of United Nations.

Krishna (#576346) - Information posted by you is correct but it is also true that total 207 National Olympic Committees participated in the Rio Olympics. Try to solve the riddle.
    Let us encourage each other in sharing knowledge.

As far as I am concerned, there are 207 NATIONS who are participating in Rio Olympic with a total of 11,544 participants, Golf is conducted for the first time in Olympics.
    live happily in every situation of life

Sign In to post your comments