You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Miscellaneous

A 14-year old boy left home to fight terrorists in J&K

Nirmal Wagh, a 14 year old class X student from Vasai, Maharashtra, who left home last week allegedly to fight terrorists along with the Indian Army in Kashmir, was traced to Gujarat and reunited with his family on Independence Day. Nirmal lost his mother a few months ago, he used to speak about his desire to fight terrorists in Kashmir. His friends had ridiculed him. According to his father Prasanna who works in the BMC: "Nirmal loves history and has spoken about wanting to go to Kashmir. But I never thought he would think of venturing out alone." The current crisis in Kashmir had deeply disturbed the boy.

The boy left home with Rs. 2200/- without any cellphone. After 5 days he was traced to Surat. On the Independence Day, he was re-united with his father and other family-members.

I am deeply impressed by the young boy's patriotism and his sense of duty & responsibility to the nation!
    When young minds are in the changing course of their attitude towards patriotism why the politicians are playing different political game and spoiling the very fabric of beautiful state called Jammu and Kashmir. Gone are the days when movies used to be shot in that valley and we loved to watch the green slopping mountains of Kashmir in the scenes. All that are missing and we often hear about infiltration, terror attacks and above all tranquility totally disturbed in Jammu and Kashmir. Nirmal Wagh action should be taken as the eye opener for the rulers at Delhi and restore the original glory of that great state.
    K Mohan
    I consider myself as the learner everyday

I am very much proud of that boy. The same spirit and mentality of patriotism must be awaken among the youths of India. Joining mentally to military/army among youths nowadays is just due to lack of job or service; very rare youths have such patriotic thinking. No doubt after joining they're highly trained and mentally they deserve their role for the country. However at early stages everyone must acknowledge the situation of country (not only Kashmir) and the importance of armies at border.
    Regards,
    Naresh Kumar
    'Every bad situation will have something positive. Even a dead clock shows correct time twice a day.'

Adolescence is a transitional phase both physically as well as psychologically. Many behavioural changes take place during this phase. I think the death of the mother of the boy also a few months back had a deep impact on his psyche and behaviour.

Generally, most of the children develop certain ideals during such phase depending upon the inputs they receive from their immediate surroundings. Few want to become an astronaut, man a spacecraft and land on moon or mars. I remember, in olden days, few youths used to flee to Mumbai to become an actor and earn name and fame.

Only sometime back a story was doing the round about a 15 years old Ludhiana girl who had publicly vowed to hoist the national flag at Srinagar's Lal Chowk on August 15. However, she was turned back by authorities from Srinagar International Airport.

Parents have to be very alert during such phase of children's growth particularly when they are of very sensitive and emotional kind. Few of them take some dangerous steps also if not taken care of suitably.

Let us encourage each other in sharing knowledge.

I sincerely wish that the patriotic boy joins Indian Army or any other armed forces after completing his study. The country needs such courageous young people.
    “Whenever I feel the need to exercise, I lie down until it goes away.” - Paul Terry

I just don't understand why Indians are being soft towards terrorists For example, Kasab enjoyed jail life for years before his execution by hanging. Such things generate more anger and hatred towards terrorism. So, many people mainly youngsters have a desire to fight terrorism but most of them won't dare to do it. Here, we saw a different individual. I am very happy for Nirmal Wagh for his bravery and desire to fight terrorism. His father should be very proud of him. I too wish that the boy should join in Indian Army.

While I appreciate the bold and courageous boy Nirmal Wagh, I don't appreciate him leaving home to fight the terrorist. The boy should ensure to fight terrorism in his home state rather than moving to a different state where he won't be successful at this tender age.

@English Check:
    1. 'was traced to Gujrat' should be 'was traced from Gujrat"
    2. 'After 5 days he was traced to Surat' should be 'After five days, he was traced at/from Surat'

No life without Sun ¤

I would rather prefer to call it an immature act of an adolescent boy. I prefer not to appreciate such acts by youngsters. At an age when they are not in a position to take a practical decision, thinking and planning to take on terrorists in the valley is not an act, in my view, which need to be appreciated or encouraged. I am sure that it was his hatred against terrorist activities across the world that prompted him to take this foolish decision; I don't see any logic in trying to spice this act of a teenager with patriotism. His family background, about which we are unaware, is also a point which need to be studied. It would be better if we desist from encouraging such acts whether for the nation or otherwise. You must have read about two school boys being paid to plant IED at sensitive places on the eve of our Independence Day in Assam. Both the acts, according to me, fall in the same grid.
    We need to give some thought to realities before trying to discuss such sensitive issues. After all, we are not politicians or media persons who would want to gain some mileage by interpreting happenings to our convenience.

Knowledge is knowing tomato is a fruit; Wisdom is not putting it in fruit salad - Miles Kington.

#576257: Mr. Sun, sincere thanks for your effort to correct the sentences constructed by me. However, I think the construction of sentences is correct in the present case.
    “Whenever I feel the need to exercise, I lie down until it goes away.” - Paul Terry

#576260: Although I admit that the boy is immature and requires proper counselling, but there is no doubt in my mind that the boy is extremely patriotic. We, the Indians, must not demean his sentiment like his school-friends.

Sign In to post your comments