You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Miscellaneous

Know about new RBI Governor designate Urjit R. Patel

Of late we had quite a discussion about the RBI Governor Raghuram Rajan whose term is expiring in September 2016. Now finally Urjit R. Patel currently serving as Deputy Governor of the Reserve Bank of India (RBI) has been named as the next RBI Governor.

Urjit R. Patel has obtained his Bachelor's in Economics from the London School of Economics followed by M. Phil. degree from Oxford University (1986) and a doctorate in Economics from Yale University (1990). He has worked in the International Monetary Fund (IMF) from 1995 to 1997 and has been a Deputy Governor of Reserve Bank of India since January 7, 2013. Patel was born in Nairobi on October 28, 1963.

Let us welcome the announcement of the Urjit R. Patel's name as India's next RBI Governor.
    The social media is agog with activities with regards to designated new RBI Governor Urjit Patel and especially the corporate world is welcoming him with open arms. Surely the new governor has many tasks to be attended and left in half by the former governor. Nevertheless keeping the inflation in stable condition would be the first task and bringing flawless banking regulations would be the other priority. By the way waiver of so much doubtful and bad debts by the previous governor may also be taken in to scrutiny by the new governor. The expectations are high and one must wait and see.
    K Mohan
    I consider myself as the learner everyday

Last night, I noticed that many TV news channels are telecasting a complete 30 minutes show about the upcoming RBI governor Urjit R. Patel. Let us hope that he will be helpful to our country and its good citizens.

Mr. Urjit Patel is an Africa-born economist. He has been presently working as Deputy Governor of RBI since 2013. By selecting him as the net Governor of RBI, the present Central Govt. has suported the continuity of the policy initiated by the present Governor, Mr. Raghuram Rajan, regarding strict control of the inflation.
    “Whenever I feel the need to exercise, I lie down until it goes away.” - Paul Terry

Dr. Patel's grandfather had migrated from central Gujarat to Kenya in the early years of the 20th century. His father Ravindra was born in Kenya and established his business in 'Spare Parts' at Nairobi. Dr. Patel's father died a few years ago and his mother lives with him in Mumbai. He has recently shifted his mother from his official four-bedroom residence on Napean Sea Road to the smaller family home in South Mumbai. He also has a sister who is settled in New Jersey, US.
    Let us encourage each other in sharing knowledge.

Sign In to post your comments