You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Television

High TRP for Hindi fiction TV serials. What could be the reason?

Hindi TV serials like 'Bramha Rakshash', 'Nagarjuna ek Yodha', 'Nagin', 'Swaragini', 'Kavach - Kali Shakti se', 'Mahakumbh', etc gaining high TRP than others. The reason is such serials are showing more fiction stories than realistic. What do you think why viewers (mostly housewives) likes such fantacy stories of blackmagic, horrors, etc other than comedy live shows?
    It seems the people are fed up with the half the mill stories appearing in the movies and television and hence giving more viewing pleasure to the new kind of serials which are purely based on fictions. We the people are habituated to try new things and wont recommend the faded one. So the television serial makers also knows this secret and likes of people so they are stooping to that level of providing entertainment. As long as viewers support such serials there would be no dearth for such productions. Moreover the house wives who want to take short break during the day time always like such fictions.
    K Mohan
    I consider myself as the learner everyday

According to a report, the top 5 most popular TV serial in India in the year 2016 are as follows -
    1. Kumkum Bhagya
    2. Ye Hai Mohabbatein
    3. Sath Nibhana Sathiya
    4. Tarak Mehta ka Ooltah Chashmah
    5. Sasural Simar Ka

Out of the above, I personally watch only the serial listed at serial number i.e. Tarak Mehta ka Ooltah Chashmah.

Apart from Television Rating Point (TRP), the BARC (Broadcast Audience Research Council) also publishes such data mostly for the benefit of the advertisers. Both the agencies periodically publish viewership data in different forms and formats e.g. Hindi News, Hindi Movies, Hindi GEC Urban, Hindi GEC Rural and Hindi GEC (Urban+Rural) and such other categories.

According to BARC data, the top 5 programs in Hindi GEC (Urban+Rural) category during the week Saturday, 6th August 2016 to Friday, 12th August 2016 are as follows -
    1. Kumkum Bhagya
    2. Brahmarakshas - Jag Utha Shaitan
    3. Shakti- Astitva Ek Ehsaas Ki
    4. Yeh Rishta Kya Kehlata Hai
    5. Ye Hai Mohabbatein

Like all other statistical data, the presentation matters in such cases also. Also, it goes on changing every week. From the above, we can see that social fictional serials are more popular as usual. People want to live in a fantasy land. What they fantasize though cannot achieve as ground reality, wish to see in fictions and derive a transient illusionary solace.

Let us encourage each other in sharing knowledge.

Well, Indians like to see what cannot be done in movies, serials etc,. That is the reason for impossible, gravity defying, illogical stunts in our movies, serials etc,. It is a fact that serials don't have much content in them i.e. they are dragged for hundreds of episodes with each episode having almost no story in it. I don't know much about Hindi serials but almost all the Telugu serials are garbage. In the case of fiction serials, there will be something special to see. It may be visual effects etc,. I think that is the reason behind high TRP of Hindi fiction serials.

In my previous forum discussion, I had mentioned how the tv serials are brainwashing the family members. According to me its total time waste. As the previous author's mentioned above most of the serials are telecasted from year's which have no meaning. Even the recent one's black magic or any thing is not realistic story. So why to watch all that, instead watch a good story which gives meaning and teaches you a lot.

More than 10 days old thread.
    Let us encourage each other in sharing knowledge.

Well instead of discussing about what other feels, let me say about my own feelings, yes, I am too addicted of seeing a serial from my childhood days, actually we were not allowed to see anything from 8:00 pm to 10:30 pm because at that period of time my mother use to watch serials and she is a very die heart fan of serials which were shown in Star Plus usually, and some of them which remember is Kasauti zindagi ki, kyu ki saas bhi kabhi Bahu thi, kumkum etcetera and slowly slowly seeing them I too get addicted, and after seeing many serials I get bored of real life serials and entertainment value for me of that real life serials came down, so in a way now a day many fiction type of serials are made which give the user too much entertainment and create some curious activity in the mind of the audience that something new will happen now, one of the favourite of mine is Naagin, ragnikanth, kavach. I really enjoy the moment I see, and its beautiful animation are mind blowing.
    live happily in every situation of life

Sign In to post your comments