You must Sign In to post a response.
- Category: State Elections
- #576355The former AAP leader Prashant Bhushan has labeled the new liquor policy of the Arvind Kejriwal Government as an 'anti-people' liquor policy and has questioned if the opening of liquor shops will be resumed after one year when the MCD and Punjab elections are over.
He has also questioned the legality of the role of 'Mohalla Sabhas' as propounded in the new liquor policy. The new policy has said that the 'Mohalla Sabhas' will be empowered to shut existing neighborhood liquor shops if there are complaints of nuisance.
Yogendra Yadav, the friend-turned-foe of Arvind Kejriwal, who heads the Swaraj Abhiyan, has joined the fray in criticizing the new policy by raising several questions.
Following their expulsion from the Aam Aadmi Party, Yogendra Yadav and Prashant Bhushan had launched a political organization known as the Swaraj Abhiyan.
Let us encourage each other in sharing knowledge.
- #576407Frankly speaking Arvind Kejriwal is not that popular when he used to be at the time winning Delhi elections then. Now with his anti Central government stance on every small issue, people feel that he is unfit to rule a state and that too a capital city. One more thing , instead of concentrating in Delhi politics he is trying his luck in Punjab and Goa. What I feel that AAP is not a all India party and it is surely subjected to Delhi. Therefore exploring other states at this time is not advisable and looking at his lost popularity, Kejriwal wants to draw the support of women voters and hence this new liquor policy.
I consider myself as the learner everyday
- #576487I don't think there will be a significant change in the number of voters due to the new liquor policy. The liquor drinkers will consume liquor in the existing liquor shops. Everyone know that liquor drinking in injurious to health. Even then, liquor is not being banned due to revenue purposes or so. Hence, construction of new liquor shops will obviously be allowed after that one year as the policy applies for one year only. As Mr. Mohan said in his response #576407, this policy may grab women voters but not many though.
- #576495Kejriwal has proved himself to be the master of Theatrics. Who can forget : 'mujhe mar do, mujhe kat do.....". Sensible people generally laugh at him. No theatrics of Kejriwal will work during the next Assembly election. He will be shown the door by the Delhi-ites, for sure. I consider banning of liquor shop in Delhi is a part of his hoodwinking policy. How will he earn if he bans opening of liquor shops? Or is he expecting people would opt for illegal, deshi brands as being done by the people of Bihar?
“Whenever I feel the need to exercise, I lie down until it goes away.” - Paul Terry