You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Miscellaneous

Will participation of youth in politics have impact on his character and life?

Politics in one field where a person learns to make promises and then break them. Not all are corrupt in politics but most of the politicians are. Sometimes, I have heard people debate saying that a educated and youth should be involved in politics so that he can bring out many changes. But I feel, a youth involved in active politics might end up changing his life - whether he is successful or not. He might learn to lie big time and do many things which he would not otherwise and which he has not done before. He might feel that he can make money easily from people by cheating and even if he comes out of politics might start faking things to people just to make money in an easy way. He might even start getting involved in bad company when he is politics and get involved in all bad habits.
    Will politics really spoil the youth?
    I feel yes, as the youth will not have control on his minds and he will get attracted to many things and he might think that life is just all about that.
    Like in the Bollywood, the mode of entry in the field of politics is also varied in nature. Many enter the field first time gradually progressing from the grassroots level though few others find a smooth sailing like the Kapoor Khandan of Bollywood. In politics also, there are third generations of the politicians working in the field. Rahul Gandhi belongs to the fourth generation after Jawaharlal Nehru, Indira Gandhi and Rajiv Gandhi.

There are many politicians who are highly educated and few of them have obtained education abroad. Dr. Jayaprakash Narayan , Jairam Ramesh, Dr. Manmohan Singh, P. Chidambaram, Shashi Tharoor, Kapil Sibal, Sachin Pilot, Jyotiraditya Madhavrao Scindia, Salman Khurshid, Subramanian Swamy and Ajit Singh etc. are some of such examples.

While talking about the influence of politics on character, take the example of Prime Minister Narendra Gandhi. Character etc. comes from the family ground, not from the chosen profession.

Let us encourage each other in sharing knowledge.

Normally people think that politics is the place for those who are not qualified, have good money and does not know how to spend the time wisely. If you take politicians in general they have their own story behind for entering the politics. But if you are a good person, having good public support in local area, then entering the politics as Independent candidate can be taken chance. If you enter a party , the seniors and existing persons may not like new entrant to get the ticket. So you can stand as a Independent candidate and if the luck smiles on you , some times even Independent candidates are approached by the parties for support of bill and even offered birth.
    K Mohan
    I consider myself as the learner everyday

Well, I think that youth will get spoiled if he/she enters politics. There are almost nil moral values in politics. Even if a good person enters politics, the others will spoil him/her. I don't know about other countries' politics but Indian politics is like mud. Once anyone steps in, he/she definitely gets spoiled. Now a days, educated and clever persons are entering politics and doing scams in a way that others don't even doubt them. In my opinion, India will become wealthy if the corrupt political leaders are replaced with good ones. Anyways, there are political leaders like Dr. Jaya Prakash Narayan (the one I know) who are not corrupt but other politicians won't let them survive.

Indian politics has become a very dirty pool. Students joining politics enter in that pool and in most of the case, can't come out. I am telling this from my personal experience. I have seen hundreds of instances (yes, hundreds!) when many promising students destroyed their own career in the altar of students politics. I think that only if students politics is detached from party affiliation and students politics stresses upon the welfare of students, the students joining politics can do something worthwhile for themselves and also for the overall student community of the country. Otherwise the quagmire of politics will destroy many students alongwith their families.
    “Whenever I feel the need to exercise, I lie down until it goes away.” - Paul Terry

Sign In to post your comments