You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: General

Khel Ratna Award to Sindhu, Sakshi, Dipa and Jitu Rai

The Government of India has conferred the Rajiv Gandhi Khel Ratna Award 2016 to Olympic medallists P.V. Sindhu and Sakshi Malik and also to the shooter Jitu Rai and gymnast Dipa Karmakar.

Also, the Dronacharya Awards have been announced to six sportspersons, Arjuna Award to fifteen and the Dhyan Chand Award to three.

The Rajiv Gandhi Khel Ratna awardee will receive a cash prize of Rs.7.5 lakh besides a medal and a citation. The Arjuna, Dronacharya and Dhyan Chand awardees will receive statuettes, certificates and cash prize of Rs.5 lakh.

The awards will be distributed by President Pranab Mukherjee on August 29, 2016.

Let us congratulate the winners.
    The announcement of Rajiv Gandhi Khel Ratna Award 2016 by the government is on expected lines and the Olympic medal winners truly deserves the National recognition. Congrats to all of them.
    K Mohan
    I consider myself as the learner everyday

These players have excelled not because of the system, but despite the system. They will now get the recognition of their heard toil. Let's congratulate badminton player Sindhu, wrestler Sakshi Malik, shooter Jitu Rai and gymnast Dipa Karmakar.
    “Whenever I feel the need to exercise, I lie down until it goes away.” - Paul Terry

It is historic that the first time Government of India has announced Rajeev Gandhi Khel Ratan award to 4 sports persons. Dronacharya and other awards also announced. It is really good to boost the morale of athletes.my best wishes to all awardees. hope they will further improve their game and skill.
    'Education is a lifelong process, keep on learning new things'

#576474: Nothing is historic. This is the established tradition of our country. Our government recognizes and honours our greats (in all fields) only after recognition from abroad. I remember vividly that Satyajit Ray was awarded 'Bharat Ratna' days before his death only when he got Oscar for his lifetime achievements.
    “Whenever I feel the need to exercise, I lie down until it goes away.” - Paul Terry

As Mr. Partha Kansabanik said, our nation is recognizing these athletes after the world recognized them. Indians don't encourage sports but want medals. How many parents are ready to send their children to sports field? Almost none. That is the situation in India. Anyways, congratulations to the badminton player P. V. Sindhu, wrestler Sakshi Malik, shooter Jitu Rai and gymnast Deepa Karmakar for being awarded with Rajiv Gandhi Khel Ratna awards. And, congratulations to the awardees of Dronacharya and Arjuna awards.

Sign In to post your comments