You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Miscellaneous

My dream - India's river integration and Indian inland water way

Members,
    Attached is my dream about the integration of Indian rivers from north to south and the major Indian waterway from Kashmir to Kanyakumari.

Is it possible? Will my dream come true? Just have a look at the image and post your good comments, views and opinion.
    Indian waterway
    First of all, your idea must be appreciated Mr. Sun. But given the political situation in India and the lot of time (years) needed for construction, I don't think it would be possible to construct such a waterway.

It is impossible to construct the waterway in such a direction. There are many mountain ranges in the path given by you and in that direction there is no guarantee that water will flow automatically due to gravity as India is somewhat tilted towards East.

It looks like a noble thought for the purpose of raising a thread for discussion but practically it is a pipe dream from the civil engineering point of view. Theoretically, all obstacles in the path can be overcome but its cost will be prohibitive. Investing that much amount in other projects may even to be able to prevent farmers suicide.
    Let us encourage each other in sharing knowledge.

Sign In to post your comments