You must Sign In to post a response.
- Category: Miscellaneous
- #576607I don't think banana, grapes and mango are good for diabetes people. We can prefer guava, orange and papaya for diabetes people as these are good for immune system and contain less sucrose. How can a diabetes person take sugar cane juice, I don't understand? Poha, ragi and roti is good for them; not idli, dosa and parota. She is completely misguiding the people. No one listens to dietician when a medicine specialist advices. The patients need to follow the medicines and diets as suggested by their doctors to control their sugar level.
'Every bad situation will have something positive. Even a dead clock shows correct time twice a day.'
- #576610I am diabetic and therefore continue to read about it regularly. As far I remember the fruits Banana, Grapes, Chikoo and Mangoes are not recommended for diabetic persons as they contain high quantity of sugar. Same is the case with the sugar cane juice also.
Since the ISC is a very popular educational channel, it is very important for us to discuss this thread so that the correct information is spread to the unsuspecting members and visitors of the website. As far as I understand the website ISC has a very good reputation and is known for sharing authentic information.
I have always maintained that all the information available on the net is not authentic. Many pranks are also played particularly in the social media like WhatsApp and Facebook etc. The objective of such prank threads is different. Often the same are circulated as jokes also. An assessment and evaluation of the information at the individual level is also required before posting the content in the forum section of the ISC.
Let us encourage each other in sharing knowledge.
- #576682The fruits with low glycemic index and high fiber content are recommended for diabetics. Glycemic index means the effect of carbohydrates present in a food item on blood sugar level of the person who consumes that food. Some fruits with low glycemic index and high fiber content are grapes, pears, strawberries, apples, watermelons, oranges, papayas, plums, guavas, peaches, cherries etc,.
- #576685You and me are not doctors or dietician . But when a dietician of top order says something we must give a thought.
I consider myself as the learner everyday
- #576686The fruits with low glycemic index and high fiber content are recommended for diabetics. Glycemic index means the effect of carbohydrates present in a food item on blood sugar level of the person who consumes that food. Some fruits with low glycemic index and high fiber content are grapes, pears, strawberries, apples, watermelons, oranges, papayas, plums, guavas, peaches, cherries etc,.
- #576688I am not understanding one thing. the fruits are in this world before many century and this such awareness and crushing the fruit stalls by people are found only recently. Above all another over acting is usage of Organic foods, millet grains also advised in all corners. As everything available since many years, the sudden importance why fallen. My view is because of our change of lifestyle by hearing this and that is main reason for increasing diseases in us and raising the number of hospitals. Eating our own food with limit according to the age is sufficient for non getting any disease. I saw in one house, a wife and son stopped taking sugar and rice by seeing the father fallen as diabetic. This makes their health more problematic in some other direction.
- #576718Most of the food items contain carbohydrates. However, carbohydrate is not a single compound, instead, it is a group of compounds. All carbohydrates don't raise the blood sugar level at the same rate. Glycemic Index (GI) tells about the rate at which the carbohydrates present in a particular food item are likely to raise the blood sugar level.
A GI score of 55 or below, is considered low, 56 to 69 is considered moderate and a score above 70 is considered high. For diabetic persons, it is advisable to eat fruits with low GI.
GI level of some of the common fruits is as follows -
1. Cherries (20)
2. Pears (38)
3. Apples (39)
4. Oranges (40)
5. Plums (40)
6. Strawberries (41)
7. Peaches (42)
8. Grapes (53)
9. Mangoes (56)
10. Bananas (52)
11. Sapodilla or Chikoo (55)
Let us encourage each other in sharing knowledge.
- #576719Mr. Mohan,
The whole world knows that banana, mango, Sugar cane juice are deadly to a diabetic patient. How can this dietician misguide us to take irrelevant fruits and juices for a diabetic patient?
We can eat everything that we like to eat, but should never exceed the limit due to its taste. Blood Sugar can be controlled if our tongue can control the intake of tasty food.
The best method to control sugar is - Eat anything you like. Never overload your stomach. Break your meals with less quantity. Organize your meal timings. Instead of 3 meals, make it 6 meals per day. Let your pancreas function steadily by feeding small quantity of food.
No life without Sun ¤