You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Miscellaneous

Ananya Verma : The 4-year old kid took admission in IXth standard!

Ananya Verma is a child prodigy from Lucknow who excelled in the field of education at the age of five. She was officially given admission to class IX in a Lucknow school after the school department's validation. At a time when other children learn how to write or read in school, Ananya could speak fluent English and read newspapers like an adult. She's also making an effort to enter the Limca Book of Records, which will be awarded to her if she clears her 10th board exams before 7. Her admission in St Meera's Inter College in Lucknow happened when she was exactly 4 years 8 months and 21 days. Her father says that when Ananya was a year and nine months old, she could read the Ramayana and the Sundar Kaand.

Ananya's eldest brother and elder sister are also considered child prodigies. Her brother completed BCA at an age of 14 and her sister Sushma got herself registered for PhD at an age of 15.

Truly blessed children of blessed parents!
    Good to hear about such child prodigies in India. India is a country of Luv and Kusha, who preached Ramayana and Sundar Kand at an early age before Lord Rama at Ajodhya. My heartiest wishes Ananya Verma for a beautiful future.
    Regards,
    Naresh Kumar
    'Every bad situation will have something positive. Even a dead clock shows correct time twice a day.'

Incidentally, Ananya literally means 'having no equivalent' or 'unique'. She was born on December 1, 2011.
    However, her admission in class 9 is subject to the consent of the state education department. Presently, Ananya is attending the school/classes unofficially. Formal admission will be given by the school only after getting the approval

Her sister Sushma holds the Limca Book of Records for becoming the youngest matriculate at seven who enrolled in a Ph. D. course at the age of 15 last year. Her brother Shailendra became the country's youngest computer science graduate in 2007 when he was just 14. Her father Tej Bahadur, is illiterate and works as a peon in a university.

In the case of Sushma, the then district inspector of schools Vikas Srivastava had given her the permission and consequently she could attend school. Ananya is likely to break the record of her own sister Sushma Verma.

Let us encourage each other in sharing knowledge.

This proves that modern day children are one step ahead of our present day children and writing a board exam at a tender age is really a big news. If this is true, will the child be given the job at the age of 10 or 12 years itself ?
    K Mohan
    I consider myself as the learner everyday

Looks like everyone in the family is a genius. It is a definitely a miracle that a 4 year old girl studying 9th standard. I would like to speak to mathematically here. Such genius students are born 1 in 10,000. So, such siblings are born 1 in 10,000 x 10,000 x 10,000 i.e. 1 in a billion. The family is really blessed. Hope Ananya, her brother and her sister create many more records in their future.

Sign In to post your comments