You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Miscellaneous

Should the interviews be abolished for recruitment of class III posts in all states also?

The Prime Minister Narendra Modi had abolished interviews for central Government jobs in Class-III and IV categories, which was considered a major step toward curbing corruption in the recruitment process. It is considered that most of the manipulations in the recruitment process used to be done at the stage of interviews despite computerised written test etc.

However, in the state Government recruitments, the procedure of interviews is still continuing. Do you feel that the recruitment process in the states is totally fair and transparent?

Should the interviews be abolished for recruitment of class III posts in all states also?
    Yes I agree with the author. In state level DSC tests for recruitment to government staff for teachers and other prospects is always marred with corruption and high profile interference in selecting candidates and in the melee the real educated and talented persons are not getting government jobs. There are some government servants even today does not know how to write a leave letter and this shows how they are selected at the interview level either by push or by pull method. The CBI must inquire the past recruitment methods and how the beneficiaries could get the government jobs hands down?
    K Mohan
    I consider myself as the learner everyday

A very good and relevant thread for discussion! A Class-III employee generally moves upwards upto the level of Section Officer/Office Superintendent. The work profile upto the level of Section Officer generally do not include attending meetings or other inter-personal verbal communication. So, I think that all State Governments should follow the step taken by the Union Govt. and abolish the interview for Class-III posts. This would drastically minimise the scope of corruption in appointment and Governments would get best candidates.
    “Whenever I feel the need to exercise, I lie down until it goes away.” - Paul Terry

There is a classification of services like Group A , Group B, Group C, Group D. Did the author mean group-c service.
    Our PM one year back announced that there will not be any interview for Group-C and Group B non gazetted services after 6 months, because poor and non influential students do not get selected due to corruption. It will improve the efficiency of the govt.services.

'Education is a lifelong process, keep on learning new things'

Sign In to post your comments