You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Miscellaneous

How hackers use Facebook profile to access Internet banking. Very cautious info.

Net banking users must aware of this step by step hacking process through Facebook profile.
    1. They track date of birth from Facebook profile
    2. Through date of birth they access PAN details and mobile no. from income tax website
    3. Then they apply for a duplicate pan card
    4. With duplicate pan card they lodge complaints at police station for mobile lost.
    5. With the help of FIR copy they'll get a new SIM of that mobile no.
    6. Through mobile no. they access Internet banking by forget password option
    7. After getting the OTP they can access bank account easily.
    This is information is given by cyber cell department.

Members I've some doubts on this processing.
    Is is possible to get pan card without photo and address proof?
    Can net banking accessible without user I'd?
    As it is an information by govt department so members please give your suggestion and ideas to protect bank accounts.
    Some suggestions and ideas to protect bank accounts.
    1. Do not write your right DOB on social sites.
    2.If possible do not opt for net banking.
    3. If having net banking do not put more money into that account.
    The points 4 and 5 in thread is as under.
    4. With duplicate pan card they lodge complaints at police station for mobile lost.
    5. With the help of FIR copy they'll get a new SIM of that mobile no.
    The filingof an FIR is not easy at crime branch police station. Mobile IEMI no.and phone no.required.Police will check ant track the phone and sim.If your sim and phone is with you ,police will not register FIR.
    NEXT-Once your mobile is in service how the mobile company can issue your no. to someone.
    If still happen police and mobile company is responsible for the act. You can sue them in court.
    Regards
    N K SHARMA
    'Education is a lifelong process, keep on learning new things'

'Education is a lifelong process, keep on learning new things'

This a very useful thread raised by the author which requires in-depth discussion by the users of internet banking service. I am also one such user. I will be posting more response on this thread after going through the responses posted by the fellow members.

It is true that many unsuspecting social media users share their mobile numbers and date of birth and such data can be obtained easily by the unscrupulous elements. However, regarding obtaining a duplicate copy of PAN card and duplicate SIM, I am not sure. Ideally, the address proof and ID proof should be a must for issuing such important data.

Linking the process with the biometric system of the Aadhar card may perhaps obliterate such possibilities.

Let us encourage each other in sharing knowledge.

I think cyber police came across such case due to which the facts are given more priority to social media, particularly Facebook like sites.
    If we change our date of birth in Facebook, it can block or keep our account as a suspicious in certain cases as per the site's norms.
    The upcoming feature and restrictions for online banking through bio-matric or eye scanning may lessen online scams, which now begin in some countries.

Regards,
    Naresh Kumar
    'Every bad situation will have something positive. Even a dead clock shows correct time twice a day.'

Sign In to post your comments