You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Requests

Respectful request to ISCians - don't give us labels

Friends,
    We do so like our current labels. We would appreciate it if you stop giving us your own personal negative character labels.

We are not:
    Irresponsible
    Mischief makers
    Lazy
    Senseless
    ....etc etc

We do not:
    Deduct points for the heck of it
    Fiddle with a member's scoreboard's and alerts (we can't)
    Have a personal enmity against any member

Please try to understand that we are doing our jobs as editors to the best of our abilities. We are not here waging a personal war against members, trying to score brownie points with the Webmasters and/or earning cash credits for edits. We do not get some vicarious pleasure out of reducing somebody's points. How exactly does this benefit us can you bother to explain?!

If you see a deduction in your points and/or cash credits, there will be a valid reason, namely:
    1. It could be due to what you posted being irrelevant or not adhering to guidelines.

2. It could be a technical glitch. Tony Sir from time to time fixes things back stage or is introducing some new technical element. During this work, even if it is a few seconds, something may go haywire and your points disappear. I have had this happening with my own scoreboard too.

So, instead of ranting in the social hub or taking pot shots at editors in various threads, why not ask politely the reason for the points vanishing? Surely we can have some mature interactions to resolve the issue.

Let's begin right here. Do you have an issue with your scoreboard or noticed a sudden removal of points already given? Report it in a response in this thread. I will personally check it out and find out the source of the problem. Let's get things sorted out in an amicable, calm manner please.
    I request the ME to please explain as to what is a 'technical glitch' to help me understand the subject matter better. Being from a non-technical background, presently I have only a very vague idea about the term 'technical glitch' .
    Let us encourage each other in sharing knowledge.

Mr. Kailash Kumar,

I think it is not something that is so difficult to understand even for somebody not knowing technical things!! It simply means that due to some technical work being done, some malfunction may occur.

Regards,
    Vandana
    Managing Editor, IndiaStudyChannel.com

It means that the technical glitches occur only when some technical work is being done. Thank you very much for the elucidation.
    Let us encourage each other in sharing knowledge.

Technical glitches can occur any time. It isn't necessary that the glitches come up only when background technical activities are on. It may be caused because of any reason.

Crux of the discussion is not to go impatient when you happen to see such an issue affecting your profile or scoreboard. You can politely let the team know of it by means of a forum thread.

Live....and Let Live...!

What I suggest that if points are deducted, tell the reasons to author so that in future they would be alert and wont commit the same mistake.
    K Mohan
    I consider myself as the learner everyday

Yes, the author (Vandana) said it right and we as a members should respect each others feelings, as we are learners, and we should know how to respect each others feelings. And on the other hand I really appreciate the feelings of the members as if the points are deducted then the editors and the one who deducted the point should elaborate a valuable point for reducing the point of any individual member, and sometime I think how the member will come to know whether their point is deducted from some network glitch or deducted by any editor, this is also a point where members are right.
    live happily in every situation of life

Sign In to post your comments