You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Reward Programs

Ganesh Chaturthi offerings - creative writing contest

The festive mood has begun, with plenty of Indian festivals bringing joy! Let's celebrate each forthcoming one too through some unique creative writing contests. The first just ahead is Ganesh Chaturthi. During the puja of the Ganapati idol, various offerings are made. So write a creative story centered around these offerings.

What you have to do: Write a creative story of up to 650 words (minimum 350 words) focusing on the offerings made to Lord Ganesha. Your story could be based on just one offering or on multiple offerings. The offerings generally include modaks, particular types of fruits and flowers, etc (see link given above as a reference or look up the Net to know more about the types of offerings).

You can write it in any style, even autobiographical (e.g. Me, a modak). You can write a story for children specifically too. You can give names to the characters in your story, including dialogues/conversations, etc. You can also attach a photo or include one internal link within your story (link and photo not mandatory though). Even a small poem can be included. Just be as creative as possible.

Instructions:
    1. The title of the story must include the words 'Ganesh Chaturthi' or Ganesh Chaturthi offerings'.

2. The story must be in English, but naturally you can use traditional Indian words that are relevant to the story.

3. Submit your story in the forum section in the category of Festivals. At the end of the story, please mention it is an entry for the contest and give a link to this thread. Then submit the URL as a direct clickable link in a response in this thread to be considered as an entry for this contest.

4. You are welcome to edit your story before the closing date for corrections, word limit, etc but keep the core of your story the same.

Guidelines:
    1. Do not write anything inappropriate that will hurt any religious community or person.
    2. Do not use short forms of words or slang.

Last date to submit your entry: 4th September 2016. Entries with the date of 5th and later will not be considered for the main cash awards.

Awards:
    1. The 2 best entries will each receive Rs.250/- and a certificate of creativity from our virtual gift shop.

2. Other cash prizes: Rs.150/-. Rs.100/-, Rs.75/-, Rs.50/- (one each). Fewer cash prizes may be given if the quality of the entries is not up to the mark.

Submit queries related to this contest and your entries only in this thread. Do not post irrelevant responses.

Important note: Do follow the contest instructions. In past contests, entries were considered as invalid due to not adhering to the instructions given. It is the little things that count!
    This is my offer for Ganesh Chathurthi and here is my entry for the contest of offering.

Two sisters Calotropis-procera-Calotropic-gigantea speaking in the street

Nice to be in ISC and feel the difference.

Here is my entry to the contest A loss and recovery on the Ganesh Chathurthi festival day
    No life without Sun ¤

Here is the entry from my side

Modak offered on Ganesh Chathurthy to naturally made Ganesh through tree trunk

K Mohan
    I consider myself as the learner everyday

Participating members are once again requested to read the posting instructions carefully and adhere to them.
    Knowledge is knowing tomato is a fruit; Wisdom is not putting it in fruit salad - Miles Kington.

My humble submission:-
    Lord Ganesha partook the Prasad!

“Whenever I feel the need to exercise, I lie down until it goes away.” - Paul Terry

My entry -
    What may be the best offering in Ganesha Chaturthi Puja?

Let us encourage each other in sharing knowledge.

It is presumed that newly introduced feature, the automatic locking of the threads after 15 minutes, will not apply in the case of the posted contest entries as editing is envisaged even after posting.
    Let us encourage each other in sharing knowledge.

Here is my entry A great offering to Lord Ganesh and immersion with her tears to this contest.
    Regards,
    Naresh Kumar
    'Every bad situation will have something positive. Even a dead clock shows correct time twice a day.'

Respected Sir/ Madam

Here is my entry Celebration of Ganesha Chaturthi and we

Here is my entry

Mysterious and Memorable Ganesh Chatruthi with lifelong lessons

"It is hardest thing in the world to be good thinker without being a good self examiner"

Here is my entry for the contest - Ganesh Chaturthi through Anjali's eyes
    A fool will always try to make sense of his nonsense!

My entry Simple Ganesh chaturthi at out home with love
    live happily in every situation of life

Please find below mt entry for this contest-
    From ground to poor through God-A Journey on Ganesh Chaturthi

Padmini

Living & Learning- simultaneous processes!

My entry to the contest

Eco-friendly Ganesh Chaturti celebrations

Here is my entry to the contest: The Story behind the use of Durva Grass in Ganesh Chaturthi

Hello, here's my entry
    Ganesh Chaturthi supreme offerings

This thread is locked for new responses. Please post your comments and questions as a separate thread.
If required, refer to the URL of this page in your new post.