You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Miscellaneous

There is a man behind every successful woman

Members,
    The good old saying was -There is a woman behind every successful man.
    The present saying is - There is a man behind every successful woman.

This has been proved in the Rio Olympics. All the three girls had their male coach behind them for their success in Rio Olympics.

Also, it is said that women taking instructions or direction from men can achieve wonders.

Members, What is your good comment about this latest trend.
    I have to quote following as a response on this thread -

'Behind every successful woman are several confused men who give her something to make fun of'. - Sarah Miller

Let us encourage each other in sharing knowledge.

Yes the old proverb is being challenged with the present achievement of Pullela Gopichand as a best Coach for Batminton star Sindhu who made India proud by winning the silver medal at RIO. Here we must appreciate both. The male being a former player and knows the intricacies of that sport and the dedicated player who has the zeal to get the medal for the country. Remember if the coach was not a badminton player then the result would have been negative. So what I mean to say that if the man is in the same discipline , surely he can be the rock behind the woman for her achievement.
    K Mohan
    I consider myself as the learner everyday

I fully agree. For every successful woman, there is/are one/several man/men. Be her father, brother, teacher, mentor or husband. The converse is also equally true. This is simply because human beings live in family and society. Without each others support, nobody can prosper.
    “Whenever I feel the need to exercise, I lie down until it goes away.” - Paul Terry

I am sorry to say this, but the thread smells of male ego issues. I apologise to the thread author if I am hurting his sentiments, but does it not appear a little cynical to think on those lines? It is just a coincidence, isn't it?

Okay, I am not arguing that we should not praise the coaches, but where was the need to make the comment that says "Also, it is said that women taking instructions or direction from men can achieve wonders"? I strongly feel it brings the whole concept under bad light.

Live....and Let Live...!

Let us forget all male versus female issue for some time. I firmly believe that male and female are complimentary to each other, they are not competitors. So far as the subject matter of the present thread is concerned, I reiterate my earlier comment that for every successful woman, there is/are one/several man/men- be her father, brother, teacher, mentor or husband. The converse is also equally true.
    “Whenever I feel the need to exercise, I lie down until it goes away.” - Paul Terry

I believe that talent is not confined to any particular gender and at least we must be proud of the jobs carried out by those ladies otherwise, we were almost on the verge of defeat. There remains many people encouraging the real players and here gender discrimination does not come into play.

Exactly. That is what I want to prove. The gender discrimination has come into play here. The comment made by the author of the thread that the women who take instructions from males can do wonders puts women as being not able to making clever decisions. I support Partha when he says men and women compliment each other, but the thread is trying to point out something else.
    Live....and Let Live...!

Sign In to post your comments