You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Olympics

Belated good news! Yogeshwar Dutt got silver in London-2012!

Wrestler Yogeshwar Dutt's bronze medal in the 2012 London Olympics could be upgraded to silver after the runner-up, Besik Kudukhov of Russia, has been found guilty of doping. The World Anti-Doping Agency (WADA) recently decided to retest samples from the 2008 Beijing Olympics and the 2012 London Olympics, which indicated several positive results in respect of doping. According to a report appeared in flowrestling.org, Besik Kudukhov, who won silver medal in the men's 60 kg freestyle category in London-2012, will now be stripped of his medal after his sample tested positive for a banned substance. As a result, Yogeshwar Dutt's bronze medal will now be upgraded to silver.

Unfortunately, Yogeshwar Dutt has not done anything remarkable in the recently concluded Rio Olympics. He lost his first-round match.
    It is perhaps a matter of deep analysis and introspection if we should feel proud about such moments or not. In case the medal of the wrestler Yogeshwar Dutt is upgraded, then whether that adds any value to his core competencies. As already mentioned by the author of the thread the wrestler had miserably failed in the Rio Olympics.

Will such a development make any difference in the case of our own wrestler Narsingh Yadav who had been banned for 4 years and debarred from participation in the Rio Olympics.

After growing the body fully on home food which is often not fully balanced and nutritious, the players resort to taking banned drugs to boost their strength and energy. I have a hunch that there may be few more chemicals and drugs which are not yet in the knowledge of WADA like authorities though the same are being used by the players. There will be no surprise if one day it comes to light that certain agencies are carrying out research and development to evade the processes and procedures of WADA.

Let us encourage each other in sharing knowledge.

I too heard the news some hours back. Happy to know that Indian's Bronze upgraded to Silver. I just came to know that Besik Kudukhov died in 2013. May he rest in peace. Similar to Mr. Kailash Kumar, I too believe that some players are finding ways to cheat WADA etc,.

This is really good news. India this time sent big contingent and even Yogeshwar Dutt failed to secure any medal in the Rio Olympics but God was kind to him and now he has been awarded with Silver medal for 2012 after Besik Kudukhov of Russia, has been found guilty of doping and thus Dutt got the benefit from bronze to silver. Let us congratulate him for this and the government must honor him also with Khel Ratna award.
    K Mohan
    I consider myself as the learner everyday

Yogeshwar Dutt is one of the famous wrestler in India, like Shusil Kumar he is also very famous and now after getting silver medal, I think he will not only become famous in India but outside India also, as he got the Medal in such a way that will definitely create some buzz and controversies around. I am thinking if the Bronze medal gave him so much fame then what silver medal will give. I first saw him in Big boss 8, when he came to support his fellow wrestler and everyone including Salman Khan got shocked after seeing him in the house.
    live happily in every situation of life

Sign In to post your comments