You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Festivals

What a coincidence - Ganesha Chaturthi and Teachers Day on same date in the year 2016

This year we are going to have a unique coincidence. Two important festivals of India - the Ganesha Chaturthi and the Teacher's Day are to be celebrated on 5th September 2016.

Ganesh is the Lord of success and destroyer of evils and obstacles. He is also worshipped as the God of education, knowledge, wisdom and wealth.

On the other hand, the Teachers Day is celebrated to honor teachers for their special role and contribution in the development of the society.

What special significance you see in this unique coincidence this year?
    I think it is for the first time we are going to celebrate two events on a single day. One being the festival for the Lord Ganesha and other being felicitation of Teachers on the occasion of Dr Sarvepalli Radhakrishna birthday. While Ganesh festiviies will span up to 9 days of grand celebration and culminate on the 10th day with grand immersion of lots of Ganesh Idols under centralized procession. On Teachers day it is the duty of school and college management to honor all those teachers who put their immense service to the Institution and taking its reputation to further height. One more thing I want to mention here. Guru is above all and even the Gods have vouched for it. But when it comes to who is the first in God, it is Ganesha always and we have to give proper respect and say prayer to him so that he will remove all the obstacles in our life.
    K Mohan
    I consider myself as the learner everyday

Yes, it is really a coincidence to have both the special occasion on the same day, but one will remain for some days while other will be for one day, But I will fully enjoy every bit of that, as I am thinking for gifting a beautiful pen drive of HP to my computer sir, I think that day we all will be busy in doing some work, as one will do prepare the class of our teacher with ribbons and drawings and with some balloons while on the other hand people will be busy in decorating pandals and cutting and making of prasad, So I think that day will be the busy day in India.
    live happily in every situation of life

Perhaps somewhere in the pandal decorated for the God Ganesha an idol of Goddess Saraswati may also be installed who symbolises education.
    Let us encourage each other in sharing knowledge.

Sign In to post your comments