You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Miscellaneous

Swachh Bharat Abhiyan, Why not railway toilets?

Hi Friends!

First and foremost My Salute for PM Modi's "Swachh Bharat Abhiyan". Its getting viral every where and most of the people are following, but as our previous forum discussion many have to still change. Soon we will have Clean India........

Any way today I wish to say that in rural places toilets are being built by the government according to Swachh Bharat Abhiyan because people going to open area or another place is not hygienic and healthy. Wonderful job done by the government, But why the same is not being maintained in trains. I mean to say that the toilet in trains are open there is no drainage system. Most of the railway tracks are so dirty and unhygienic, at every railway station I find railway workers throwing bleaching powder and then cleaning it.

According to mean I strongly feel that it has to stopped because the railway workers are human beings. We don't know how many will have been prone to what type of diseases by cleaning it daily. I only hope that some drainage system has to be maintained in trains when using the toilet's.

Awaiting response from most of my ISC friends..........
    There is already a plan to replace the conventional toilets in the railway trains by environment-friendly 'bio-vacuum toilets' which consume less water and also help in preventing corrosion of rail tracks. Last year the railway had installed such toilets in the AC-I coaches of Dibrugarh Rajdhani on a trial basis. The vacuum toilets installed in the trains have a retention tank placed under the coach which holds all human waste that is flushed out of the toilet. The retention tanks of such toilet are evacuated at the terminal stations. Such toilets are like the toilets provided in the airplanes. In the conventional, railway toilets the waste is dumped directly on the railway tracks which causes excessive stench leading to clogging of rail lines at busy stations.

Thus efforts are being made by the Government in this direction also. Gradually, we are likely to have stench free railway tracks. However, the passengers will also have to change their habits of littering the railway platforms. People still throw garbage on the platform, though the dustbins are installed at many places.

Let us encourage each other in sharing knowledge.

The habit of cleaning must be inculcated among people without any other people's saying. When there will be no sign board or request message of 'swatch bharat' in India; then only we should proud of us. I think the time is not as longer as each and every state's government is doing well to eradicate such issues of open toilet, drainage system, common dustbins etc in every village.
    Railway is a public property, which a common man doesn't understand it. We common people always think that its government property and do whatever that comes to mind; that cares! People need more awareness than information. In every TV channel, radio, theatres, newspapers govt spreading the message of cleanliness, but still there is a fight against it. It's more than 2 years as Modiji started this mission and as per it there are many programs occurred and getting implement nowadays. Still people are not serious in this case, due to unawareness only.
    @gsadhiks, why PM Modi's 'Swachh Bharat Abhiyan' is getting viral? Please explain. I don't think the word 'viral' is suitable here.

Regards,
    Naresh Kumar
    'Every bad situation will have something positive. Even a dead clock shows correct time twice a day.'

Yes I do agree that railways are having greater task to maintain the tracks free from the human waste that falls from the bogies while the trains moves through the stations and elsewhere. Remember how the gangman would be working with such dirt spread over the tracks and he has to maintain the same every day. I do agree that Railways has no other way out to solve this problem. But they can have a huge tank beneath every coach so that when it get accumulated with human waste and that can be cleaned at the last station. But again the Railways would need extra staff and time to do for every bogie and that would be time consuming and cumbersome work.
    K Mohan
    I consider myself as the learner everyday

Salute to the idea of Modi and his overall contribution to Swachh Bharat Abhiyan, this idea is almost are taken into consideration and all the people are also helping Modi's idea of Swachh Bharat Abhiyan to endeavours on achievement path and it successfully happening also. And whereas about the Railways, as the railway employee are also human beings, yes it too becomes very difficult for them to clean the railway toilets every time as there are many people who are using it every single second, so my advice to them to create something which will automatically clean after every use.
    live happily in every situation of life

I used viral because Swach Bharath Abhiyan is spreading in wide way. Actually I used that word as a positive thinking. Any way thanks to all for their valuable responses.

Sign In to post your comments