You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: General

Kendriya Vidyalaya schools are good but ?

Hi,
    Actually Kendriya Vidyalaya school is very good for children whose parents have a transferable job. My son got I std admission in Hassan and we were transferred in the mid of July when he was studying II std. We didn't have any problem about his syllabus completion because till we were transferred he was going to school and the same syllabus was continued here. Suppose if he was in any private school he had to do every thing right from scrap and very burden to the children and parents.

But one thing which I am not satisfied is that why Kannada is not there as a regular language in kendriya vidyalaya schools. . Actually Its a request that they can add optional languages as state wise. Kannada is very important in karnataka, our children have read and write Kannada. Similarly in other states their languages can be introduced as optional. So What's everybody's opinion about my thought....
    There are more than 1,000 central schools in India and a uniform curriculum is followed by these schools all over India. Three central schools are located outside India also at Kathmandu, Moscow and Tehran. Sanskrit language is taught as a compulsory subject from classes VI to VIII and subsequently as an optional subject until class XII. No other language except Sanskrit, Hindi and English is taught in the central schools.

The basic policies of the central school are framed keeping in mind all India structure. In case the regional languages are included in its syllabus then after transfer of the parents to another state, problem is likely to arise for the student to learn yet another language in the new state.

Let us encourage each other in sharing knowledge.

Kendriya Vidyalayas (Central Schools) are meant for children of Central Government employees. The syllabus remains the same in all KVs across the country. This ensures that students are not burdened with new syllabus when their parents get transferred. Remember transfers do not necessarily happen within a single state. Central Government employees have to move to different parts of the country. Introducing regional languages in these schools will create unnecessary problems for students when they move from one state to another.
    A fool will always try to make sense of his nonsense!

I think there is option of regional or mother tongue in every Kendriya Vidyalaya schools in India. Kendriya Vidyalayas are forming in each block of every district and as per my knowledge there is a mother tongue language with optional language like Urdu or Hindi apart from English and Hindi from class VIth to Xth. KVs are following to CBSE pattern and as per CBSE, there is a provision to choose their mother tongue as one of their subject in every school. I was once a Hindi and Computer Science Teacher at Nalanda School at Bellary, Karnataka and I know very well that in KV Kannada is a subject and some students also used to choose Urdu, as the majority of Muslims are more in Bellary and nearby it. I know this completely as the students of Kendriya Vidyalaya who come to our school for inter-school competitions and during exams.
    Regards,
    Naresh Kumar
    'Every bad situation will have something positive. Even a dead clock shows correct time twice a day.'

I do agree with the author on the subject matter. But please note that Kendriya Vidhayalaya pattern has been evolved to cater to the needs of the armed forces children especially those who are in Military have the frequent transfers and the studies of their children would be at risk. So a uniform pattern of syllabus is being followed across the country and sufficient buffer seats are always kept for new students entry and they will not any problem as the same portion would be taught as per pre-planned syllabus. And regarding Kannada as one more subject may not be possible as it would become compulsory for others also to learn.
    K Mohan
    I consider myself as the learner everyday

Kendriya Vidyalayas follows the 'Education Code for Kendriya Vidyalayas ' in which a provision exist that-

'Additional arrangement for the teaching of the regional language/mother tongue shall be made, provided a minimum of 15 or more students are willing to opt for the same. For this, part-time contractual teachers shall be appointed after obtaining the sanction of the Deputy Commissioner. Teaching of these regional languages will be introduced from class VI and will continue up to class VIII and where need be in class IX and X also. The teaching will be during school hours for about two to three periods per week. The teaching of regional language/mother tongue shall be stopped at the end of February each year'.

yes, Kendriya Vidyalayas is one of the well known education centre in whole India, here in West bengal we have more than 50 schools, their ways of teaching and syllabus are also very easy for the students from which they can get enough idea and knowledge for their future higher standard learnings. From time to time their most of the things changes following the trend and need of the time and every decisions are made by the government, their fees structures are also not too high and everyone can have admission, and for the government employee, the admission becomes easy for their child.
    live happily in every situation of life

I think regional languages can be made as an option for students, rather making it compulsory.

Three language formula is adopted in the Kendriya Vidyalayas i.e. Hindi, English and Sanskrit is taught. Prior to the year 2014, there was an option for the students to study German as a third language but the system has now been changed.
    A tuition fee is charged for boys from class IX onward only. The students belonging to the Scheduled Castes and Scheduled Tribes and children of KVS employees are exempt from tuition fees. The girl students are also exempted from paying tuition fee in case they are the only child.

Sign In to post your comments