You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Miscellaneous

Our media lacks research on issues of National importance and hence could not question the Govt

The Prime Minister Narender Modi feels that our Media has not yet developed to the stage where in they have to research on issues of National importance and question the government for its laxity. PM felt that government may also some times goes wrong with some policies which may not get the desired result and the media must act as watch dog to highlight the laxity on the part of government , but unfortunately such media is not functioning in India opines the PM. What is your take on this . Do you agree with him ?
    During his interview to the news channel CNN-News 18, Prime Minster Narendra Modi had observed that -

' I believe media should strongly criticise the government's work. Otherwise democracy will not work. But because of the TRP race, media doesn't have enough time for research. And criticism is not possible without research. For 10 minutes of criticism you need 10 hours of research. Instead of criticism, they get into levelling allegations. I want media to be critical based on facts. The country will benefit from this'.

I fully agree with his comments. It is true that for 10 minutes of constructive criticism, 10 hours research may be required. It applies in the case of our forum discussions also. In case the members are carrying out some research before posting their comments instead of posting hollow comments impromptu then the level and standard of the discussions are bound to increase.

Perhaps, because of such factors only, of late, the forum section of ISC has got its due recognition.

Let us encourage each other in sharing knowledge.

Sign In to post your comments