You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Football

Indian football team convincingly defeated highly-placed Puerto Rico

The Indian football team has brought lots of cheer to the football fans of the country by scoring a brilliant 4-1 win over Puerto Rico in an international match held at Andheri Sports Complex., Mumbai, yesterday night. The win is precious as it has come against a team which is 38 places above India in the FIFA rankings. Puerto Ricans scored the first goal of the match in the 8th minute, through Emmanuel Sanchez. But the Indians dominated the proceedings thereafter. Narayan Das (18 min.), Sunil Chhetri (26 min.), Jeje Lalpekhlua (34 min.) and Jackichand Singh (58 min. ) scored for India.

Congratulations to Indian football team for their brilliant performance against Puerto Rico. Keep it up!
    The last international football match was played in the year 1955 in Mumbai, the commercial capital of India which is considered as a bastion of cricket.

Puerto Rico has FIFA ranking 114 against India's 152. That reveals the fact about the visitors having higher ranks by 38 places.

The Puerto Rico team was tired having travelled on 14 hours long flight from New York to Mumbai reaching Mumbai barely 24 hours before the match. Due to some payment dispute, their three main players had stayed back.

Let us encourage each other in sharing knowledge.

By winning against the formidable Puerto Rico football team, our Indian players once more shown their profess on the field that given the circumstances they can challenge even superior team above them and by this win India has shown the world that we are in making again in Foot ball. I am also congratulating the Team India and its players for the great win. If one win occurs , then our boys would get lots of confidence for future matches and therefore this win matters a lot for India.
    K Mohan
    I consider myself as the learner everyday

I feel that the convincing victory against Puerto Rico should give a fillip to Indian football, which is becoming less and less popular due to onslaught of cricket.
    “Whenever I feel the need to exercise, I lie down until it goes away.” - Paul Terry

Sign In to post your comments