You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Miscellaneous

Is it necessary to poke our nose in every thread?

I am sorry if anyone feels offended with my thread title or content but I know no other way to express it.

Yes, I also know what your reply will be- Forum is a place where one can freely post his/her thought or talk about their experience. No one is denying this. However, shouldn't we leave some forum threads with query which are specially posted for our editors? Instead of guessing the reason behind the main query posted by the thread author shouldn't we leave it to editors to complete the job? Because of unnecessary posts, the real query sometimes get out of the sight.

Yes, one may miss to score few points but again it is not tough to get the same from other thread answers.

We as members should think twice if we are posting content for real reason or to get just few points!
    Well sometimes the editors wont get into reply immediately and the member who posted the question might be thinking about laxity on the part of this site to respond. So giving a soothing reply would make the author wait for a while to get a proper reply from editor.
    K Mohan
    I consider myself as the learner everyday

Mr. Mohan, you and me are not Bronze or Silver level memer. We know that once a query posted for editor, they get back to concerned member if not immediately but little later. Sometimes we have seen the Webmaster Mr. Tony John himself comes and reply to a thread if it is necessary. And it happened in your threads too if you remember.
    "Any man who stands for progress has to criticize, disbelieve and challenge every item of the old faith." - Sardar Bhagat Singh

In many queries which are apparently meant for the editors, a member's response is also relevant as such responses portray the member's perspective. Sometimes, the queries are not properly worded or are very simplistic in nature having too obvious answers. In such cases also, member's responses either clarify the query or add more juice to the query itself.
    Let us encourage each other in sharing knowledge.

Jeets
    I too agree that there are very few members who leave no thread unattened. We cannot term it as poking but their technique to improve their score and have it balanced. At times their responses would be highly irrelevant, but will be clear that it is just to score point only. Nothing can stop them doing it as they will claim it as a right and prerogative.

No life without Sun ¤

well, I too exactly think the same, but on the other hand I think that the other members has the capacity to make any thread strong enough to make realize the editor that they should do something to the related problem immediately. But only in rare very rare case there should be no other members involvement other than the editor and the individual member who has the problem.
    live happily in every situation of life

I feel the same, and it seems many of us feel exactly similar for members who unnecessarily respond to thread meant for editors. For sure, if a very experienced member with proper knowledge comes to troubleshoot, it should be okay. But then, why should they touch such threads at first place when the thread itself asks it from an Editor?

I would not like to give one or two names, but it happens often when Gold or above level members unnecessarily touch such threads. Sometimes, all they respond is something like, 'Okay, you have a problem, please don't worry. The doctor will treat you and you will get well soon'. I mean, what? What is the need of making points from such responses? Hasn't the person already entered in the clinic? The patient is expecting a doctor and all of a sudden an unknown uncle or aunt comes to say motivating words in our ears. But why not the doctor?

I also feel that it is not a good thing for us to respond to these threads every time a query gets submitted.

Regards,
    Ank Arya

"Your value does not decrease based on someone's inability to see your worth"

Mr. Kailash Kumar, I don't agree with you directly. You being a diamond member, can you tell me how your agreeing with other member with other subject than the real query make any thread's response relevant? Isn't your response is just irrelevant to a thread?

Sun, well if it is prerogative then we must start searching our inside before responding to such thread.

"Any man who stands for progress has to criticize, disbelieve and challenge every item of the old faith." - Sardar Bhagat Singh

You know what, the wisest thing to do will be- refrain from the thread that you have insufficient knowledge about.
    But I've seen some of the group members deliberately posting confusing if not totally irrelevant responses in order to derail the original discussion.
    As for me, I post very less. I often respond to other's thread. But I always keep in mind the Topic of discussion and try to put it the best way I know.
    Hence I sincerely hope I haven't posted anything irrelevant or trivial anywhere.
    If I did accept my honest apologies.

#577870 last paragraph appears to be a matured response from a newbie. I really. wonder with such statements from a silver member
    No life without Sun ¤

Jeets, what you have mentioned is a fact I also observed many times. However it is best to ignore .if you and I(or any other member) do not find it proper. Yes it is not only the freedom, choice and prerogative of the responding member, but sometimes or many times there is not that much objection from ISC side; and my guess is that even such responses are useful in some way to ISC. (It is just my guess, not able to prove by statistics)
    ==================================
    Let us keep faith on ourselves and work sincerely, not leave everything to fate.

[Response removed by Admin. Read forum policies.]

Time and again ISC editor if not directly but indirectly has mentioned this matter in their responses and thread. I don't think that we should reach to some level when ISC force to object directly. Shouldn't we stop ourselves before crossing the barrier? However, my this thread has got CC and it is an answer to all our members.

The perspective, vision and strategies of ISC are quite likely to have much wider horizon than the outlook of individual members or a bunch/group of members. I personally don't prefer to attempt to understand what is likely to be beyond the scope of my comprehension.

As observed by Venkiteswaran Ji in his response #577897, I also tend to believe that there may be certain positive points in allowing the way responses are being posted. As a matter of fact, the recent value additions in the forum section coupled with announcements of value based schemes like Topic Based Discussion Thread (TBDT) and enhanced cash credits in the case of TOW contests etc. are indicators of such recognition of the forum section in its emerging format.

Let us encourage each other in sharing knowledge.

Mr Kailash, I too agree that there are some response which may be useful but few, which I "personally" and "strongly"feel that it is just unnecessary and idiotic. I would like to mention here that ISC is never for an individual or for group of member ( even a new member can understand this). What I would like to request you Kailash that you should read my entire thread first and then come to any conclusion. I have directly mentioned about some particular thread which is addressed to editor. Not all the query which are posted as a thread. When I first questioned you, you took a long pause and now when two member added some value to it, you jump to your own conclusion?

Look at the this thread: Deduction in Point and Cash

Look at the response no- #576979 and yours #576984 . Can you tell me what value you are creating to a thread with your unnecessary response (just agreeing with other member!).

I am agree with Jeet in some forum threads either this or other one.
    Some replies are highly irrelevant or duplicate of others replies which increase their score but unnecessarily posts break the interest of some actively participants of that particular thread.

Kailash Kumar, Jeets. In my response #577897, I did not intend to support unnecessary responses. But without offending any one I wanted to point out subtly that the tolerant attitude of ISC sometimes encourages such responses. I feel that the 'long rope' attitude has encouraged not just the irrelevant responses, but many other avoidable things like prolonging arguments and personal barbs also.

So much so that I had learned to keep away and ignore so many things. It is just accident I entered this thread.

==================================
    Let us keep faith on ourselves and work sincerely, not leave everything to fate.

Now a days ISC is punishing the members who make unnecessary responses to any thread or even gives negative points to irrelevant threads. So we the members need not worry too much about this matter and leave it to the decision of editors.
    K Mohan
    I consider myself as the learner everyday

to poke something is a new trend in this profession

Sign In to post your comments