You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Miscellaneous

I want to hear to your favorite songs

I am a music lover. Singing and listening to songs constitute most of my day. I have atleast 1000 songs of different languages and genres in my phone. Yet my hunger for songs stands unquenchable.
    So I'd like to learn some of your favorite songs and artists. No matter what language, genre or era.
    Can you respond kindly?
    Well I am the biggest of Kumar Sanu and Lakhbir singh Lakha, I heard most of songs of this two great personality, I don't know how you find them but for me they are the best, Yes there are other too but my heart always moves to them. My favourite songs are from Aashique, Junoon, Sadak of Kumar sanu and other religious songs of Lakhbir Singh Lakha like Sudhama garib etc. I became an ardent fan of Lakhbir Singh Lakha the time I heard his voice which was praising the goddess and god of Hindu religion.
    live happily in every situation of life

I am having liking for Instrumental music. The old songs of any language in Instruments would not only sounds soothing but also liked to be listened again and again. Even my cell phone ring tone is having the Instrumental song from famous Hindi song " O sajana". I also likes the tunes being played by the Brahmkumaris during the yoga training session. I have the rare collection of 110 instrumental songs which are very great and if one listens to such music, surely he will forget the sad moments in life and also live along with greats hopes for best future. The music were very sober and not laud.
    K Mohan
    I consider myself as the learner everyday

Indian music is so rich that it is very difficult to narrow it down in form of a list. Some of the music forms which I particularly like are as follows -

1. Folk music of Uttarakhand and Bihugeet of Assam.
    2. Rabindra Sangeet
    3. Semi-classical music like Ghazal and Qawwali.
    4. Film music e.g. songs of Kailash Kher, K. J. Yesudas, Shamshad Begum, Suraiya, Noorjahan, Kavita Krishnamurthy, Hariharan and Shreya Ghoshal.
    5. Melodious patriotic songs.
    6. 'Mile Sur Mera Tumhara'.
    7. Instrumental music of bansuri, shehnai, sarangi and tabla.

Let us encourage each other in sharing knowledge.

I find many people who are an ardent fan of old music, even the new generation young boys too love the old songs and make the fusion out of it to make it look a new generations songs. But we all know that the taste of old songs are very different from the present. Today where we can only hears the bass sound which are made through electronics medium but earlier in 70's, especially in 80's we heard a lot of music from different things like flute music in the songs, Bin music which is used in many songs other than snake movie etc. there are many more which we cannot realize only that this instruments are really being used in music of yesteryears.
    live happily in every situation of life

Sign In to post your comments