You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Festivals

Ganesh chathruthi wishes and some relevant information related to this festival

Ganesh chathurthi festival wishes to all our friends.
    Lord Ganesh is considered as First God in Hindu religion. He is worshiped for removal of all troubles when a work starts.
    As this only God is satisfied with the offering of dhurva grass and two bananas it is simple to thin Him at any minute.
    As for as I concerned He is the God helped and helping and will help in all situations eventually. I wish to share some interesting news here

In Madurai, Meenakshi Amman Temple we can see a Big Ganesha shrine between the shrines of Lord Somasundareswara and Goddess Meenakshi Amman. This Big Ganesh is getting offered every Ganesh Chaturuthi day with Only one Big Modhak made of three Kuruni rice so, this Ganesh is cvalled as Mukkuruni Vinayakar. Here one kuruni is of eight measures and so three kurunis comes twenty foru measures which equals to nearly forty eight kilos.

In Trichy there is famous Uchchi Pillaiyar Koil which is in the center identity of the entire city.
    This temple is very famous and I never return from here without visiting the temple whenever I go to Trichy. The entrance of the way to hill is amidst a very busy crowded shops of varied variety. The Entrance also has a shrine of Ganesha and in which only all the traders of that area keeps their sho keys in the feet of Lord Ganesh daily morning before opening the shop, it is the practice even todya.
    This Ganapathi is offered every year Ganesh Chathurthi with two modhaks weighs 75 kilos.

In Pillaiyar Patti, near Karaikudi,Tamilnadu, Karpaga vinayagar Temple is very famous and it has six feet of Big Ganesha Moorthi in the shrine which is in the type of carved one in the hill.

In Ganapathi Agraharam, near Thanjavur, Tamilnadu the Ganesh is main God for the entire village.

In Madurai at the junction of North and west Masi Street, there is a Ganesh templen 100 years aged more tha under a peepil tree on the road itself is very famous with the name of Nehru Alala Sundara Vinayakar as Pandit Jawaharlal Nehru visited this temple. refer http://citypatriots.com/asia/india/tamil-nadu/madurai/nehru-aalala-sundara-vinayagar-temple
    Some of the most famous Ganesha temples in India are as follows -
    1. Siddhivinayak Temple, Mumbai.
    2. Ashtavinayak - the eight Ganesha temples situated around Pune in Maharashtra i.e. Moreshwar temple, Siddhivinayak temple, Ballaleshwar temple, Varadavinayak temple, Chintamani temple, Girijatmaj temple, Vighnahar temple and Mahaganapati temple.
    3. Karpaka Vinayakar, Thiruppatthur in the Sivaganga district of Tamil Nadu.
    4. Dodda Ganapathi, Bangalore.
    5. Shreemant Dagdusheth Halwai Ganapati Temple, Pune.
    6. Kanipakam Vinayaka Temple, Chittor, Andhra Pradesh.
    7. Shree Vinayaka Devaru Temple, Idagunji in Uttara Kannada district in Karnataka.
    8. Ucchi Pillayar Koil Temple, Trichy, Tamil Nadu.

Let us encourage each other in sharing knowledge.

I would like to mention about the "Arulmigu Vinayagar Thirukoil' at Echanaari, near Podannur in Coimbatore.

The Ganesha idol is a large one taller than the priest who performs puja. The temple isopen throughoutday time from morning opening till closing at evening. There is 'annadaanam' in the temple. The temple is situated on the Coimbatore-Pollachi man road. Buses including Town-buses are frequently available .

==================================
    Let us keep faith on ourselves and work sincerely, not leave everything to fate.

There are many modern Ganesha temples in countries like Britain, USA, France, Germany, Australia and Canada and many ancient Ganesha temples exist in Nepal, Sri Lanka, Cambodia, Indonesia, China and Japan also. Two main Ganesha temples in USA are as follows -
    1. Sri Ganesha Templez at Nashville in the state of Tennessee.
    2. Shri Siddhivinayak Temple at New Jersey.

Let us encourage each other in sharing knowledge.

I appreciate the author and other members who responded to this thread by giving more information on some famous Ganesh temples across the country and elsewhere. In this regard I wish to mention the importance in Hyderabad, The famous Ganesh temple attached to Secunderabad station is 450 year old and the main importance is that a Mosque is also abetting the compound and both are existing peacefully since then. Over the years this temple and mosque has earned the respect and acceptance from both the faiths and mind it till so far no untoward incidence happened.
    K Mohan
    I consider myself as the learner everyday

It is really great to know about various old and famous temples of Lord Ganesha all over this beautiful country.
    “Whenever I feel the need to exercise, I lie down until it goes away.” - Paul Terry

Sign In to post your comments