You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: IndiaStudyChannel.com

How questions raised in the forum section are different than those raised in the ask expert section?

While proceeding for raising a new thread in the forum section, the link description says - 'Start New Thread/Ask Question' which indicates that certain questions are supposed to be raised in the forum section.

The link for raising a new question in the ask expert section says - 'Ask Questions and Get Answers' .
    Now, I wish to understand the finer differences between the questions to be raised in the forum section and those to be raised in the ask expert section.

How questions raised in the forum section are different than those raised in the ask expert section?
    What I understand that in forum one needs to have detailed discussion on the issue raised and that can be a question, a discussion on statement , a review on the happenings and above all it would be formal discussion mentioning other related activities. But in Ask Experts section, the question asked must be responded with apt answers, as the member who posted question would be doing so with great expectation. I have seen that some technical questions are mainly posted in that section which seeks expert answers. So normal answers are not accepted there nor approved.
    K Mohan
    I consider myself as the learner everyday

Forum is a platform to discuss, give opinions, get answers from various questions. Whereas in Ask Experts, the questioners will get answers from experts of ISC. The authors will unable to discuss in ask expert section. In forum section, you may not get the perfect answer, but in ask expert section you'll get the same from experts.
    Regards,
    Naresh Kumar
    'Every bad situation will have something positive. Even a dead clock shows correct time twice a day.'

It clearly means that the answers posted in the ask expert section have to be precise, relevant and to the point only whereas in the forum sections, answers may cover allied/associated subject matters also with a view to have a meaning and fruitful discussion.
    Let us encourage each other in sharing knowledge.

In forum there can be discussions, views, defying, denying and even agreeing. But these kinds of reactions cannot be expressed in Ask experts section. Moreover some members have the habit of hijacking the thread in the forum by not discussing the main issue, but that is not possible in the Ask experts section . Therefore precise answer and apt answers are expected to be posted. That is the reason being so , those who are habituated to forum may not feel comfortable in answering in AE section.
    K Mohan
    I consider myself as the learner everyday

Answers/Responses should always be precise and relevant, be it Forum Section or Ask Expert' Section.
    “Whenever I feel the need to exercise, I lie down until it goes away.” - Paul Terry

Sign In to post your comments