You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Miscellaneous

Sonal Holland: World's first Indian Master of Wine

London-based Institute of Masters of Wine (IMW) has announced that Ms. Sonal Holland, a Mumbai-based wine professional, as the worlds first Master of Wine from India.

The IMW is a professional body with a very high international reputation. Masters of Wine hold the most respected title in the world of wine. Since 1953, a total of 391 men and women have passed the institute's exams to become Masters of Wine. There are currently 341 Masters of Wine today, working in 25 countries. The announcement relating to Ms. Holland was made via a statement.

Master of Wines have proved their understanding of all aspects of wine by passing the Master of Wine Examination, recognised worldwide for its rigour and high standards. The Master of Wine (MW) examination is designed to test the breadth and depth of a candidate's theoretical knowledge and practical blind tasting skills covering all aspects in the art, science and business of wine. The standard of the examination is extremely with astonishingly low pass rates.

Presently a certified wine educator, broadcaster, judge and wine consultant, Ms. Holland used to be Director of National Sales for a Fortune-500 company. While she was in the corporate sector, Ms. Holland began to see the opportunities that existed for the then small Indian wine industry and made a strategic shift in her career to explore this further.
    Amazing! Isn't it? Brewery is an art. And I love the fact that Indians are finally being appreciated for their skills in art of brewery. I just hope more and more skilled bartenders and wine experts follow the path of Ms.Holland.

#578033: Yes, brewery is an art. But unfortunately very few people in India could master this art. France, Switzerland and the USA are the top leaders in this interesting field. In view of the neglect of this interesting art in India, we must recognize the achievement of Sonal Holland.
    “Whenever I feel the need to exercise, I lie down until it goes away.” - Paul Terry

Sonal Holland is a Mumbai based professional well known for her digital channel Sonal Holland Wine TV. She has recently launched SoHo Wine Club. She is more famous in the F&B circuits and is associated with many hotel and restaurants .

After getting the singular achievement of having been recognised as the first Master of Wine from India , she has now got free entry into the world's best wine community.

The Wine Masters are invited across the world to judge wine competitions, to deliver lectures in the wine courses and lead wine tasting sessions.

Let us encourage each other in sharing knowledge.

This thread is locked for new responses. Please post your comments and questions as a separate thread.
If required, refer to the URL of this page in your new post.