You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Miscellaneous

Everything is better when you decide you don't care do you agree?

Many times people often speaks things that may hurt feelings of other or taunts other people is it a good thing to just ignore such people and follow as the heading says "Everything is better when you decide you don't care " do you agree with this or that person should be affected by such things.
    What's your reaction to such situations?
    Actually that's pretty much what I'm doing now. I quickly develop emotions for people around me. I trust them whole-heartedly but they end up betraying me. So I decided not to care about anyone anymore. I would advise them if they ask my help, else I concentrate solely on my work.
    I don't develop emotional bonding with people now. I'm extremely happy because none and nothing can hurt me!

There is saying which goes like this - 'Only those people can deceive you whom you trust'. Which can be interpreted like this- if you allow someone to deceive you, only then you get deceived.

Similarly, there is another saying like this- 'for you to insult me, I must first value your opinion'. You get hurt when you allow other people to hurt you. If you don't give importance to what the other person thinks about you, then there are minimal chances of you getting hurt by the opinion of other person.

So, roughly I agree with you on the point that Everything is better when you decide you don't care

I think if we started thinking of others, what others will say if we do that or what other reaction will be if we do this or etcetera . So it becomes complicated in our life, and I strongly believe that we should never think of anybody, If we think that we are doing right then just go through that without thinking of Anybody else. For others sentiment don't gives your sentiment. I think one will only success if one don't think of others, giving priority to others think we must give first priority to our thinking isn't it.
    live happily in every situation of life

One should not get entangled with others unnecessarily. Only bare minimum and essential relationships should be maintained. Generally, people get tempted to maintain relationships with as many persons as possible and in the process get cheated or hurt by their behavior in the due course of time.

Take the example of adding too many people as a friend on social sites like Facebook. Many people feel proud of being connected to thousands of individuals, many of whom may even be totally unknown to them. I don't think having more than 100 or in the extreme cases 200 persons connected is justified. This is just an example and applies in the real world also.

As already mentioned by the learned members above, one will get hurt only when he/she allows the others to hurt them. Never have any expectation from others and don't take their promises and words on its face value until and unless proved beyond any doubt over a period of time.

Let us encourage each other in sharing knowledge.

If a person has some targets in life and if he/she has the courage of conviction to work hard to fulfill the target, he/she would not bother about others derogatory comments. Such person functions like Arjuna and work hard to fulfill the target or ambition, no matter whether others encourage or ridicule him/her. It would be best if we simply ignore a person who criticizes only for the sake of criticism.
    “Whenever I feel the need to exercise, I lie down until it goes away.” - Paul Terry

When the people averse to suggestions and improvements, they wont care for the advise from others. It is the habit of some people to live on their own and interference of even small fraction cannot be tolerated. Here one has to heed to the advise of experienced people. But the problem comes when others also join to give the advise who are not known to you nor know the subject. That kind of situation would be unwarranted and it is better to ignore those free and cheap advise. But it is always good to listen to others, but following the same would be left to your decision and conscience.
    K Mohan
    I consider myself as the learner everyday

Editors are requested to read this response. It seems as if the response made by Gypsy has an unclosed italics tag, because all the responses submitted after it are automatically styled into italics.

Regarding the thread, I guess, Ignoring things and people that are not worth our time is nothing wrong. I often say to myself to be and remain like an elephant who despite of having big ears, does not listen what is unimportant and keeps walking as if nothing happened. His plans and actions seem unstoppable.

Also, I often calm down people who get upset when other put ugly remarks on them, by saying something like, 'Haven't you heard that song, kuch toh log kahenge, logon ka kaam hai kehna? Woh kya kya kehte hain, agar yeh bhi hum sochenge, toh phir log kya sochenge? *smiling face*' (People will keep on saying something against us, because they have nothing else to do... What do they say, should not be what we should care about...if we will care of that as well, then what will be left for these people to think?). My examples and dialogues keep changing, but my point is always the same, let's not care about the negativity they shoot from mouth.

I agree with the author here... In fact, while it seems difficult, we should always make efforts to be immune to all kinds of negativity. Good changes, calm attitude, peaceful mind, serving heart and positive thoughts really helps us to grow well in our lives.

Regards,
    Ank Arya

"Your value does not decrease based on someone's inability to see your worth"

Ank, it has been corrected now in the Gypsy's response
    Thanks & Regards,
    Jeba
    Editor - Forum, Ask Experts.

Sign In to post your comments