You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Miscellaneous

Requested our respected knowledgeable member to guide me.

Also request to ISC editor not to delete my this thread if it looks offensive because I really want to know the meaning of my word. How it is offensive. I hope getting knowledge from our experience member is not offensive!

I have compared "educated" person with "street dancer" and my entire post got deleted. The word was - " I don't think an educated person should behave like street dancer because every one have their own "unique" place."

I have used "unique" purposely so that it don't look as if being an street dancer is something bad in nature. I only mean to say that how an educated person behave.

I may be not as knowledgeable as many member and some special editor. So, I have come up with this thread to educate myself so that next time I should be careful instead of getting "preconceived opinion" from any x y z person.
    Jeets I do perceive a hidden meaning in your statement. When you refer educated person, then how can he or she be compared with a street dancer. Normally in Tamil we call street dancer as Theru Koothu pasanga , that means those who does not have education and could not find proper way of living have taken up the art of dancing on the streets to eke for their livelihood. Probably this notion has been taken as offensive by the ISC editors and that made them to delete the response entirely. Your intentions may be to say something but your interpretations went wrong out of contest and hence faced the wrath. Since you asked for response , I stated my views. Please do not take it otherwise. I regard you the most and nothing against you. By the way when we talk also some times we use some words which cannot be taken back. Like wise when we write and too in the forum like this we must be twice careful.
    K Mohan
    I consider myself as the learner everyday

Thank you Mr. Mohan for guiding me and letting me know things from your points. Now I am guessing a bit why it has been deleted. Yesterday, entire day I was breaking my head as what I did wrong but now I am getting it clear.

However, I had no hidden meaning to taunt anyone or try to insult anyone. If any one or the author of that thread misinterpreted my meaning, it will be really very wrong for my part.

Let me clear the air and make it straight between me and ISC editor.

Dear Editor, I was merely comparing ISC with other website. Here "educated person" mean the ISC and and the "Street Dancer " mean the other social site. While saying this sentence I do not try to taunt at author or anyone particular here. And why should I ? I am not a wild animal that I should be given an wrong impression that I am always aggressive or try to offend others. If this is what has been thought about me and deleted my word, I would "request " editor that before deleting anything, the matter should be understand why it is been said and written instead of deleting anything in hush or rush

Also to Joyshree and The ME Vandana, this is why I was asked to explain as how my word felt offensive. But instead of explaining me I was directly blame. Now I think that Joyshree took this statement personally, may be that is why it is offended her. But why should I do that in first place? My words are totally taken to other meaning which I didn't mean actually and if it is so, it is not my fault but the person who think me wrong.

I was just comparing ISC and other site with statement. And I don't think I did any offence.

I would still look forward other genius response to get me more clear picture. So that I understand where I went wrong.

"Any man who stands for progress has to criticize, disbelieve and challenge every item of the old faith." - Sardar Bhagat Singh

In India, society doesn't think street dancing a respectable profession, and so street dancing does not gel with education. Most probably, the concerned Editor had thought in this manner.

(Absolutely no offence meant to anybody. I have only tried to explain the phenomenon/event from my perspective.)

“Whenever I feel the need to exercise, I lie down until it goes away.” - Paul Terry

Partha, thank you for saying it from ur points. But can you tell me is it so offensive that to be deleted? Educated person do not gel with street Dancer and because of what I had compared ISC with other social site like that. ISC is and educational website which do not need to behave uneducated this is what I mean.
    "Any man who stands for progress has to criticize, disbelieve and challenge every item of the old faith." - Sardar Bhagat Singh

#578345: I always feel that no thread or response should be deleted unless it is obscene in nature. And this is my uniform stand. I don't think the deleted response was deleted due to obscenity. The concerned Editor could have explained the reason for deletion to the author in a personal message to avoid misunderstanding.
    “Whenever I feel the need to exercise, I lie down until it goes away.” - Paul Terry

I had read Jeet's remark posted in the other thread. 'Maybe', my tolerance level has gone up, because I found nothing objectionable about what he said.

What was objectionable about what he said (there was no profanity used)? ISC is becoming intolerant and over-sensitive over insignificant issues. Are street dancers not human or are the educated among us so high and mighty that they should not be referred to in the same breath as street dancers? Come on! What about the dignity of labour? ISC has subconsciously promoted class divide. These divides might exist in society, but how right is it to subtly propagate it here. The educated must act magnanimously and not take offence at every sentence typed here – after all they have the power and intelligence to comprehend and evaluate things.

Jeet used a metaphor when he mentioned the educated and street dancers in the same sentence. My understanding is that he expected the former to behave in a mature manner, without getting overly excited over little things (in this instance – birthday wishes through an automated system). I thought he extolled the maturity and education of ISC members when typing what he did.

Street dancers or performers make an honest living – their only 'crime' is that they do not have high school certificates and degrees to flaunt. It is also an ancient form of art that has existed through ages. It is culturally accepted in many parts of India.

It is the dictatorial stance that worries me. I was upset by a recent post, by an active member, in a discussion on Mother Teresa. It was a veiled comment, but the insinuation was clear. I did not protest because, I believe, everyone has a right to an opinion. However, I wish that the comment had also been dealt with the same measure of strictness by the vigilantes.

A fool will always try to make sense of his nonsense!

Thank you so much Juana for your timely response which not only clear my doubt but hopefully others too. Since yesterday, I was deeply upset but now I feel relaxed. Thank you again for the pain you took to provide us the detailed answer of the words "educated person" and "Street dancer".

Actually, I was expecting the ME or Joyshree to reply here and guide me with the explanation but no issue if they feel that it is not necessary from their point of views. Since they are editors so they are under no obligation to explain their act to each and every one here.

However, a request to few ISC editors from me with folded hand (in Namaskaram way) that don't assume things which never done. And remove the ugly image you have created in your mind for me. I am sorry to say that once again ISC editor has shown bias decision towards me. The decision to delete my post was purely based on preconceived opinion.

Thank you once again to Mr. Mohan, Partha and Juana to take their valuable time to guide me.

Concerned editor can lock this thread now.

[Response removed by Admin. Read forum policies.]
    No life without Sun ¤

Sign In to post your comments