You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Festivals

Donate a notebook and a pen - Kolhapur Ganesh Mandal appeals the devotees

A Ganesh Mandal of Kolhapur - Jay Shivray Mitra Mandal has made an appeal to the devotees to donate one notebook and one pen instead of offering any kind of prasad including flowers and money when they visit Ganesh Mandal to have darshan and offer a donation. All such notebooks and pens collected will be donated to the schools run by Zilla Parishad in the district on the last day.

The Mandal has estimated that at least 2000 notebooks and pens will be collected through their initiative and drive during the 10-day Ganesha Chaturthi festival. The Mandal has also decided to stay away from the high decibel sound system.

What are your comments about the initiative of the Jay Shivray Mitra Mandal of Kolhapur, Maharashtra?
    This is a nice idea by the puja committee member. I welcome them and wishing them that they should achieve their target of collecting 2000 note book and pen, I will share this idea near by my house and will suggest the near by my house puja committee to request devotees for such donations, which can help a needy child. As we always donate flowers, prasad, and most of part goes to waste next day where as such donations can help a child for the bright future. This message should go viral, so that every one can know about such good ideas, Today it self I will start sharing on my fb and whatss app friends.

Sign In to post your comments