You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Miscellaneous

How to write a good title for an article?

Every time I am on pause while writing a title for my contents and articles. Albeit I am not a regular writer but whenever I tried to write something, fails to compose a good title. There may be many circumstances as per the type of contents, like travel tips, health tips, political issues, current affairs, etc. I always try to put 2/3 keywords in title and summary. However while making the sentences with search engine optimized keywords or article related keywords I am unable to make a good sentence in the title. It is exceptionally difficult for me in case of creative contents. I am getting confused whether it is really need to put keywords in title for creative or innovative articles. I request the experienced authors to please let me know.
    Since my school-days I have been learning the same thing. My father (a PG in English), my great school-teachers and later, teachers in my Science Journalism classes have told me to make the heading/title interesting and eye-catching. The journalism teachers used to say that the title must be so attractive so that even reluctant readers are forced to start reading the articles. I am trying to follow their guidance but am still not fully capable of doing this.
    “Whenever I feel the need to exercise, I lie down until it goes away.” - Paul Terry

The following article has been made available in ISC resource regarding the subject matter -

Use proper title for your resources

One of the important suggestion is to include 'How', 'What ', 'When' etc. in the title, if applicable. While watching the news on various television channels, we see important news displayed in the marquee which is a scrolling piece of text displayed horizontally. Such news items invariably contain the words 'How', 'What ', 'When' etc. to arouse the curiosity of the watchers and prompt them to stay on the channel to look for the full details of the news item.

The general idea is to attract readers and prompt them to enter the article by clicking on the link. In general, the authors have to see from the reader's point of view e.g. as to what the student may be looking for after publication of the admission notice. In such cases titles like - 'How to submit online application for ....' is likely to attract more readers.

Let us encourage each other in sharing knowledge.

Sign In to post your comments