You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Miscellaneous

Swadeshi Jeans to be launched by Patanjali to end the dominance of the MNCs in India

Recently Baba Ramdev has announced at Nagpur that Patanjali is going to launch 'Swadeshi' jeans soon. He observed that there is a huge demand for jeans in India from youths and to compete with the foreign brands, he has decided to launch 'Indianised' jeans.

Incidentally, the company Patanjali has plans to go global. They already have manufacturing units in the foreign countries like Nepal and Bangladesh and are now approaching the African countries. He said if permitted, he is willing to set up factories in Pakistan and Afganistan also. His products have already reached West Asia and are popular even in the countries like Saudi Arabia. Baba is eyeing the markets of US and Europe also.

Is Patanjali on the way to turn into an MNC?
    I really appreciate Baba Ramdevji's initiative towards desi jeans in Indian market as well as other countries. Actually India is famous for cotton manufacture, fabrication and particularly for jeans. Most of the branded companies take jean clothes from India and give their brand name and sell in our market with high price. I've visited some jeans factories in Bellary (Karnataka) during my staying there; and I found and got to know the issue about cost, manufacturing, reselling again in the stores. Creating jeans factory is very easy in India as everything available here and as Ramdevji thought jeans is a common fashion/wearable product that can be easily marketed and get high monetary benefit also.
    Regards,
    Naresh Kumar
    'Every bad situation will have something positive. Even a dead clock shows correct time twice a day.'

Jeans have become sort of a uniform for all categories of people. Even in rural areas, people prefer doning jeans primarily because of many advantages it offers. It is unisex in nature also and requires lesser maintenance cost etc. Thus the Patanjali has struck the right chord.
    Let us encourage each other in sharing knowledge.

Sign In to post your comments