You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Miscellaneous

Do homeopathic medicines have any therapeutic value?

Homeopathy is based on the principle that 'similia similibus curentur' i.e. 'like cures like'. Many believe that homeopathic preparations are not effective for treating any medical condition and it is no more effective than a placebo. Such people believe homeopathic medicines can be taken only in those cases in which the diseases get cured automatically on its own.

The World Health Organization (WHO) has issued a warning for not using homeopathy to treat severe diseases such as HIV and malaria. Assessments by the Government health councils in Australia, Britain and Switzerland have concluded that homeopathy is ineffective.

Do homeopathic medicines have any therapeutic value?
    The pattern of homoeopathic medicines now changed completely as it was just 10 years back. Earlier people believes that homeopathic treatment is very slow and medicine can't cure severe diseases like malaria, dengue etc. However, nowadays there are many changes in treatment and also medicines. I got to know this from my homeopathic doctor friends and they said there is nothing like this and sometime they do surgery also. Medicinal values and the swiftness in curing are very fast and somehow similar to allopathic medicines. Many medicines in homeopathy are complete curative, which is not available in allopathic and Ayurveda too. However, people don't have patience and take immediate allopathic pills that give instant healing. It is completely a mindset among some people, not everyone.
    Regards,
    Naresh Kumar
    'Every bad situation will have something positive. Even a dead clock shows correct time twice a day.'

Naresh - Have surgical procedures become a part of the homoeopathic system of medicine?
    Let us encourage each other in sharing knowledge.

Yes Kailash Sir!
    Surgery is a subject in Bachelor of Homeopathic Medicine and Surgery (BHMS) and certain cases on surgery done by the BHMS Doctors in emergency as they're appointed in several community heath centers in villages. They do everything as allopathic doctors do. They give injections and prescribe the patient to go for all tests as an allopathic doctors do. Only medicine is different than others.

Regards,
    Naresh Kumar
    'Every bad situation will have something positive. Even a dead clock shows correct time twice a day.'

Well the major difference between Homeo and allopathy is that the former identifies the route cause of the disease and the treatment starts without any tests or assumptions. Whereas in allopathy the doctors are heavily depending on diagnostic results and they are guided by the results mentioned there in. So there may be even assumptions on the part of allopathy doctor and hence he advise for the test. While homeo is given through pills and has the lasting effect on the recovery of the patient, the allopathy has two options , one is the injection for the fast relieve or medicines for sustained relief.
    K Mohan
    I consider myself as the learner everyday

Sign In to post your comments