You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Problems/Complaints

Why no extra points and cash credits to ISC creative story writers?

Generally, in any creative story writing competition, ISC awards extra points and cash credits to the authors (other than the prize winners) who participated in a contest. In the recently concluded Ganesh Chathurthi creative story writing contest, only the winners have been awarded cash credits. The other participants have been left high and dry without any extra points and cash credit. Why is this so? Is there any chance for the non-winning creative writers who spared their valuable time and energy and took the .pain to write a creative story on Ganesh Chathurthi to get some extra points and cash credits as it used to be awarded for the earlier contests? There is no mention about the award of special points and cash credits in the results announcement thread. Why? Is it a miss from ISC?
    I think other participants will also be given enhanced points credit and cash credit by ISC administration after some time, like other competitions.
    “Whenever I feel the need to exercise, I lie down until it goes away.” - Paul Terry

Partha,
    Since the assurance is missing in the result announcement thread, it is doubtful whether ISC would award or deny the points and cash credits to the other participants. A statement in the result announcing thread is always a positive assurance to the other participants that the points and cash credit would be certainly awarded.

No life without Sun ¤

In any competition not every one would be the winners and it takes great courage to participate and be in the race of winners. In that case at least a participation certificate would be given to every one and at ISC it seems they are forgetting this.
    K Mohan
    I consider myself as the learner everyday

Mohan,
    In any such competition, ISC used to award consolation points and cash credits 10(Rs.10/-) for the contest entries which doesn't win the main prizes. Please don't suggest things that are useless like participation certificate. What is the use of getting participation certificate for each and every contest entry that fails to win the contest? Let your suggestion be meaningful and beneficial to the hard working creative story writers. Cash credit matters lot.

No life without Sun ¤

Yes, I forgot to mention it in the main announcement and in the winners' announcement threads. The needful will be done in due course of time.
    Regards,
    Vandana
    Managing Editor, IndiaStudyChannel.com

This thread is locked for new responses. Please post your comments and questions as a separate thread.
If required, refer to the URL of this page in your new post.