You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Miscellaneous

Why Vijay Mallya wants to come back to India now?

India previously tried all possible options to bring back Vijay Mallya. But he did not care about it and he declared that he had no plans to return back to India. Now, he wants India to restore his passport so that he can visit India. This happened after Enforcement Directorate had attached his properties almost equal to his bank loan amount. What could be the intention of Vijay Mallya to return back to India? Is it possible to regain the attached properties in India? Or does he want to stop further attachment of his properties?
    Vijay Mallya was once called the 'King of Good Times' because of his typical lifestyle. He owns much more in India that what is required for repaying his loans etc. He is the Chairman of United Breweries Group which is a multi-national conglomerate of over 60 companies besides Berger Paints, Best and Crompton, Mangalore Chemicals and Fertilisers, the Asian Age newspaper and Cine Blitz magazine.

Many people know about Vijay Mallya because of King Fisher calendars only. Having one of the calendars used to be considered as a status symbol.

He has great political linkages also. He was elected to the Rajya Sabha first time in the year 2002 as an independent candidate with the support of Indian National Congress and Janata Dal (Secular) and the second time in the year 2010 with the backing of the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) and the JD(S).

Let us encourage each other in sharing knowledge.

The answer is very simple! Mallya now wants to come back to make every possible effort to try to prevent the Enforcement Directorate to continue attaching his property.
    “Whenever I feel the need to exercise, I lie down until it goes away.” - Paul Terry

One must understand that those who are big people like Vijay Mallya they need to get the acceptance of government and the leader to be their sooth Sayers. No doubt he might have committed crime of scams by taking the weakness of system failure of our government, it cannot be denied that the same government may give him the lead time to adjust and become normal to pursue the main stream of life. In that process he might have got assurance from the government of no arrest or harassment and that probably changed the mind of Vijay Mallya to fly back to India soon.
    K Mohan
    I consider myself as the learner everyday

#578763: I beg to disagree. I think the present Government is in no mood to spare Mallya, especially when the judiciary, media and common people are monitoring the case very closely.
    “Whenever I feel the need to exercise, I lie down until it goes away.” - Paul Terry

#578764 - Since Mallya is involved in economic offences only, it is less likely that he will be arrested and put behind bars in case he is able to return the dues or get the matter entangled in a High Court or the Supreme Court. His case is likely to be different than the case of Subroto Roy.

I suspect he is asking for a restored passport to visit some other country for some business purpose(A wild guess).

Please note that our PM is friendly to every one and when it comes to Industrialists he extends olive branch. Nothing wrong to support him. But the government must confiscate his wealth to pay the dues.
    K Mohan
    I consider myself as the learner everyday

Though the comment #578791 doesn't seem to be totally illogical but it appears highly improbable as for coming back to India, Mallya's passport need not be restored on the regular basis which may enable him to move to other countries. He may be simply allowed to travel to India on the basis of a one-time permission without restoring the status of the passport fully.

Sign In to post your comments