You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Suggestions

What is the ISC policy regarding linking external websites.

Can you suggest about the external linking of govt. and private websites related to articles.Ihave given 3 links to my article "how to prepare for SSB Interview? one is upsc,second is ssb pictures website and the third one is U Tube. Editors kept the article in pending and send me a message check the links to your article. All linls are working well.I could not get what they want from me. Kindly suggest.
    N K Sharma, please make it a point to provide the URL of your content whenever you are raising a query based on a particular posting so that editors would be able to look into the matter promptly. Hope you had followed the latest guidelines on this subject properly while submitting your content. May we have the URL please?
    Knowledge is knowing tomato is a fruit; Wisdom is not putting it in fruit salad - Miles Kington.

The url of my article is http://www.indiastudychannel.com/resources/170293-How-to-prepare-for-l-service-selection-board-SSB-Interview.aspx and the url of link you can get by clicking GTO picture and GTO vedio in the GTO section.
    'Education is a lifelong process, keep on learning new things'

Please wait for a response from the concerned section.
    Knowledge is knowing tomato is a fruit; Wisdom is not putting it in fruit salad - Miles Kington.

N K Sarma
    The external link of upsc official site in your article is okay. But providing an external link of Google Images for GTO pictures is not recommended. So also, the YouTube video which you provided does not add much value. So it is not necessary to use such external links in the articles.

Hope now it is clear to you.

-----------------
    Thanks & Regards
    Kalyani
    Lead Editor (Articles)

It is not possible to understand the GTO test without pictures and video. So kindly allow me to keep those links,

#578843: I also support Mr. N.K. Sharma in this regard. It is impossible to explain GTO Test without pictures. The ISC administration may kindly re-consider the decision on this aspect.
    “Whenever I feel the need to exercise, I lie down until it goes away.” - Paul Terry

N K Sharma - I have a suggestion - why not add a short snippet describing the kind of tasks that candidates would be put through during the GTO Test at the SSB, instead of the images and video links. Additionally, you can add a line mentioning that videos pertaining to the GTO tasks are also available online, and aspirants can check them out, for more clarity. This will help you maintain the posting guidelines.
    A fool will always try to make sense of his nonsense!

Thanks to Mr, Partha JI for supporting. #578848 madam, there are more than 20 pictures.It is not possible to snip shot and upload. Are the ISC going to upload more than 20 pictures. In recently interlinking of private sites under point 6 is permitted.So i request to permit me to have those two links.

N K Sharma - Short snippet means a short description. I have not suggested that you upload 20 + pictures. What I have suggested is that you describe the tasks in simple language and let the reader do a Google search for more material.

The webmaster has made a reference to research papers and high authority articles. As per my understanding, that would not include images and videos. I might be wrong in how I understand the guideline, but I would not post links to private images and videos.

My name is Juana, I would rather that you address me by name than calling me, Madam. I am comfortable being called by name.

A fool will always try to make sense of his nonsense!

Sign In to post your comments