You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Miscellaneous

Difference between CBSE, ICSE, IGCSE Curriculum? Is it to get best or to get confused?

Unless one have best understanding between CBSE, ICSE and IGCSE it is very much sure to get confused.

Why there are so many curriculums? What one stands in the last with the best curriculum among CBSE, ICSE, IGCSE?

Some schools have all the curriculum aforesaid, how it distinguishes between?
    Do all the curriculum mentioned above have any subject or all the subjects in common, if so why then why there are so many different curriculums?

I am curious to know more indepth difference between CBSE, ICSE and IGCSE.
    Surely the curriculum for the above three options available to the student is different and has their own importance future wise. Those who want to have National presence of their child in future, they go for CBSE, or ICSE which has typical pattern of studies across the country and those who want their child to have foreign education then opting fr IGCSE is only option.
    K Mohan
    I consider myself as the learner everyday

IGCSE stands for International General Certificate of Secondary Education , a certificate awarded by the Cambridge International Examinations which is a part of Cambridge Assessment, a department of the University of Cambridge. Thus very crudely put, we can say it is an international board.

But, it is not the end. There is yet another International Board popular in India which is the International Baccalaureate (IB).

The Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) and Council of Indian School Certificate Examination (CISCE) are Indian boards of national level in addition to various state boards. The CISCE is a private body which has adapted the University of Cambridge's examination system to India.

The certificates offered by the International Boards are educational products marketed by the respective companies (schools). They milk the parent's and student's aspirations to study abroad claiming that their certificates are recognised by many universities internationally. It is a different story that the CBSE certificates are also recognised internationally.

In my opinion, the best board is CBSE for Indian students. Alternatively, the next best are the state boards.

Let us encourage each other in sharing knowledge.

Sign In to post your comments