You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: New Year Resolutions

Laddu auctions going for bigger bid this time at Balapur Ganesh Pandal.

On the last day before leaving for Immersion the Balapar Ganesh idol Laddu which weighs 21 kgs every time has eager participants for auction as it is believed that those who won the auction they prospered in their life with multiple benefit. The auctions started in the year 1994 and first auction was closed at 450 rupees. Kolan Mohan Reddy won that and he was lucky to win the auctions even in the year 1995,96,97,98, 2004 and 2008. Over the years the auction bid went higher side and last year it was 10.32 lakhs and this year the auction went to the favor of Sylab Reddy for a whooping 14.65 lakhs which is a record. Any such auctions in your area ?
    In the auction mentioned by the author, total 24 people participated and the minimum bid amount was Rs. 4,116. However, the main competition was between Maheshwaram MLA Teegala Krishna Reddy, businessman Skylab Reddy and a local resident Singi Reddy Jaihind Reddy. Skylab Reddy won the bid by quoting Rs. 14.65 lakh at the end. The last year’s auction price was Rs. 9.50 lakh.

Religious matters are things of faith and belief. It need not be proved scientifically that the winner invariably gets success. Such a feat on the part of devotees is bound to boost their morale and self-confidence which is likely to contribute toward success. It is presumed that the auction proceeds are utilised for the social welfare of the needy people in the area.

I am personally not aware of any such auction in my area. However, in general, many such acts of faith and beliefs are observed throughout India.

Let us encourage each other in sharing knowledge.

This really interesting news! I have immensely enjoyed it because earlier I never heard about this auction. In my opinion, this is an example of utilising people's faith and belief in positive manner (assuming that the money collected from the auction is used for constructive purpose).
    “Whenever I feel the need to exercise, I lie down until it goes away.” - Paul Terry

Partha those who won the Laddu shall sprinkle the same in their fields and get good yields and also for those if that Laddu was distributed they too achieved success and hence so much demand.
    K Mohan
    I consider myself as the learner everyday

Sign In to post your comments