You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Miscellaneous

Music legand M.S.Subbulakshmi's Centinery Birth day today

M.S.Subbulakshmi, though physically not with us today but mingling with us in the form of music. Her 100th birth day is falling today, as her date of birth was 16 september 1916. She was rendering her total life for music and her songs are in every one's ears in all parts of our country. Why this, daily morning Suprapatham of Lord Vishnu is awakening us in her voice only. Many of us learning Vishnu Sahasranama sthothram through her Chanting only. The song of Mr.Rajagopalachariar, 'Kurai ondrumillai' is beautiful in M.S.Amma's voice. Let us remember her at least today.
    My respect to the great singer 'Bharat Ratna' M.S. Subbukashmi on her 100th birthday. She had the unique ability to enchant people who had no understanding of classical music, with her melodious voice.
    “Whenever I feel the need to exercise, I lie down until it goes away.” - Paul Terry

I take this opportunity to pay my respects to Smt M S Subbulakshmi on her hundredth birth anniversary! My tributes to the voice that is waking up most of the South Indians till date with her ever enchanting and divine rendition of the Vishnu slokas (verses) in 'Suprabhatam'!
    Knowledge is knowing tomato is a fruit; Wisdom is not putting it in fruit salad - Miles Kington.

M. S. Subbulakshmi was the first Indian musician to be awarded a Bharat Ratna , the highest civilian award in the year 1998. Lata Mangeshkar got later in the year 2001.

Pandit Jawaharlal Nehru had once said about M. S. Subbulakshmi that - 'Who am I, a mere Prime Minister before a Queen, a Queen of Music'.

She was awarded honorary degrees from several universities and the United Nations has decided to issue a commemorative stamp to mark the birth centenary of M.S. Subbulakshmi. She had performed at the world body in October 1966.

Let us encourage each other in sharing knowledge.

Sign In to post your comments