You must Sign In to post a response.
Reliance JioFi 4G portable hotspot is now available. Just take the necessary valid ID to your nearest Reliance store and avail of this exciting offer right away!
  • Category: Miscellaneous

Reliance JioFi 4G portable hotspot launched - here’s how you can buy

Eager to avail of the Reliance JioFi 4G portable hotspot offer? Quickly check out the the procedure to register and obtain it from this informative forum thread.

After LYF, Reliance now launched JioFi 4G portable hotspot in the market. It is the cheapest device @ Rs. 1,999/- only with cheapest tariff plans provided by Reliance. The device can support maximum 10 Wi-Fi devices and one USB connection for 4G internet absolutely free and also supports HD voice calls, video calls, messaging and all JIO app features like JioTV, JioCinema, JioDrive, JioSecurity, JioMoney, JioMusic, etc. However, the service offer is available only for 90 days from the SIM activation.

One can easily purchase this from any store of Reliance, like Reliance Retail, Digital Xpress Mini Store or Reliance Digital with a passport size photograph and a valid address and identification proof. After purchasing the device, you need to call 18008901977 from your registered mobile number to activate it and for voice app Jiio4GVoice activation they need to call 1977. Other plans include unlimited voice call and STD 4G Voice calls across the country.
    I have been given a similar looking device though on the same following words are printed/written -

Wi-Pod
    4G I LTE
    Reliance.

It was sold to me as a replacement of my old reliance dongle. It is activated and gives 4G connectivity to me in wireless mode. However, the speed achieved is not miraculous compared to my existing Airtel broadband connection. However, it proved very useful during my recent tour to Nagpur by train. It worked throughout the route except at few patches in the Bundelkhand area of Uttar Pradesh.

However, I have yet to understand if more than one devices can be connected simultaneously to the device. I am looking forward to information from the ISCians who are using such a system.

Primarily my interest is to know as to what are the major difference between my device and the hotspot device mentioned by the author in the thread under discussion.

Let us encourage each other in sharing knowledge.

Sign In to post your comments