You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Cricket

All living captains of Indian Cricket Team have been invited except.....

In what will be a historic occasion for Indian cricket, the Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI) has decided to invite all living former captains of the national cricket team (except one) to celebrate the country's '500th Test match' to be played by India against New Zealand in Kanpur from 22nd September, 2016. To make the occasion more memorable, a specially minted silver coin with 500th Test embossed on it is also being prepared for the toss.

As I have already mentioned, all living captains has been invited to grace the occasion except one. Needless to say, the exception is Md. Azharuddin, the scam-tainted former captain of the national cricket team.

I would like to know the opinion of other Members of ISC regarding this omission. Is it correct and ethical?
    There has been a change - the BCCI has extended an invitation to Mohammad Azharuddin, the former cricket captain, which according to news reports, he has accepted.
    A fool will always try to make sense of his nonsense!

Thanks to Mrs. Juana for updating me. However, I am greatly disheartened because I never wanted a scam-tainted captain to be present during such momentous occasion.
    “Whenever I feel the need to exercise, I lie down until it goes away.” - Paul Terry

Sign In to post your comments