You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Miscellaneous

Give your suggestions to set up Indian Defence University.

First we should be very clear about the role and objectives of the Indian Defence University. According to that we should design the organisation structure of the university and the courses to offer to study. The university campus and buildings should be design meticulously. How it is to be staffed needs deliberation. Staff should be a mix of civilians and armed forces personne.Give your suggestions to start new defense university?
    Indian Railways has already opened their first university - National Academy of Indian Railways (NAIR) at Vadodara. Earlier it was known as the Railway Staff College (RSC) which was the apex level training and management development institute for the officers of Indian Railways.

For opening Defence University also the existing academies like the National Defence Academy (NDA), Khadakwasla; the Defence Services Staff College (DSSC), Wellington; the Institute of Defence Management (IDM), Secunderabad and the National Defence College (NDC) may be formed the nucleus of proposed Defence University.

Let us encourage each other in sharing knowledge.

In Hyderabad we are already having College of Defence Management and it is giving training to the armed force personnel in every field. But what I suggest that civilians who are interested to have a career in Defence are not allowed and that restrictions must be removed. The other day I saw television ad show casing career openings in Navy. When people are interested to join the government is not providing the right platform for that education and proper training. This CDM must be turned in to deemed University and civilians must be allowed to have a course in Defence Management and thus we would have cream de la cream even in the armed forces.
    K Mohan
    I consider myself as the learner everyday

I strongly recommend creation of a National Defence University. This would do a lot for increasing consciousness level of common citizens about defence and security related matters. Initially, the faculty of DSSC, Wellington, IDM, Secundrabad and NDC, New Delhi should be initially engaged in the proposed University. Anothertwo important aspects I would like to mention. This University must have adequate representation of civilians among the students. Moreover, this University must have facilities for correspondence course for such student who can't join full-time courses because of their pre-occupations.
    “Whenever I feel the need to exercise, I lie down until it goes away.” - Paul Terry

I do not think there is any need of defense university, Because our selection system is mainly depend upon the written test then the physical test. It is already categorized the courses completed by the applicants before they apply for a particular posts, like some should have 10th qualification, some 12th, for technical staff they required engineers from different branch, etc. Also Doctors join defense. So why there is necessary to start a defense university, how will they placed after completing the course? SO the current system is good.

#579097: Ms. Pattanaik, your perception about National Defence University is entirely incorrect. This University won't have any role in the selection of Officers of Armed Forces, which is being done and will continued to be done by the UPSC and the SSB. The proposed University will remain engaged in Defence and Security-related study and research. I repeat, this University won't have any role in selection of Armed Forces personnel.
    “Whenever I feel the need to exercise, I lie down until it goes away.” - Paul Terry

Sign In to post your comments