You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Miscellaneous

Do you believe in Charismatic leadership theory?

Charismatic leadership theory, also called great man theory by some, can be traced back to ancient times. Plato's Republic and Confucius' Analects dealt with leadership.
    They provided some insights of leadership. Subsequent studies based on these insights have suggested that 'a leader is born and is not made.' A leader has some charisma which acts as influence. Charisma is a Greek word meaning gift. Thus, charisma is a God-gifted attribute in a person which makes him a leader irrespective of the situations in which he works. Do you believe in Charismatic leadership theory? Express your vies.
    I also happened to read about charismatic leadership. I feel that charisma of a person including a political leader is short-lived. In case of a political leader, charisma may provide initial support base, but if it is not followed by concrete plan and implementation, the charisma won't last, and the political leader is thrown out of power to oblivion in the subsequent election by the same people, who earlier supported him/her due to his/her charisma.
    “Whenever I feel the need to exercise, I lie down until it goes away.” - Paul Terry

Yes I do. Why to go to other country or their history to get proof, our own history is enough to understand the charismatic leadership and its powerful impact. Whether we take the examples of our freedom struggle or the war we had faced in the past, if we were able to succeed, it is and of course because of the charismatic leadership. Not only that even in spirituality, our Great people has done and created big attractions on world level.

I don't think that I need to take our greats charismatic persons name because I know they are not unknown to us.

"Any man who stands for progress has to criticize, disbelieve and challenge every item of the old faith." - Sardar Bhagat Singh

Why to refer a book or past history to know the greatness of charismatic persons. In this regard I would like to mention late NTR who was the famous actor and plunged into politics by seeing the Congress overtures in the state , he started Telugu Desam Party and within 8 months he roped the party into power by defeating Congress with no presence in opposition and thus his charisma also rose to the central level and he was the king pin in those time to install non Congress government there and at one time he had the chance to become PM of this country but left to the choice of North leaders. Such was the record and charisma of NTR.
    K Mohan
    I consider myself as the learner everyday

Let us analysis charisma from a layman's point of view instead of attempting to dabble in its theory part. Consider the following leaders -

1. Winston Churchill who led the U.K. on the brink of a debacle in the world war to victory.
    2. Abraham Lincoln who led the United States through its Civil War.
    3. George Washington, the Commander-in-Chief of the Continental Army during the American Revolutionary War.
    4. Adolf Hitler who was responsible for the deadliest conflict in human history.

The list is endless. People followed them because of their charismatic effect.

In contemporary India, Narendra Modi is one of the charismatic leaders.

Let us encourage each other in sharing knowledge.

We are forgetting our own Rastrapita MK Gandhi, who was a great charismatic personality. Smt. Indira Gandhi,Swami Vivekananda and so on.
    'Education is a lifelong process, keep on learning new things'

Mr. NK Sharma , we are not forgotten our own people. I have clearly mentioned our own leader and our country history in my response. Though, I have not mentioned the name because people are familiar with these names. Also they are not few names but many more.
    "Any man who stands for progress has to criticize, disbelieve and challenge every item of the old faith." - Sardar Bhagat Singh

In a leader, the people(later followers) look for something above and beyond them. This can be in physical attributes, which is easily visible, it can be in the work style and achievements, communication style, language, body language and signs or some mental faculties. People adulate and accept those with some extra qualities than self.
    However charisma can be an easy passport for entry, to sustain the leadership and keep the fold, a leader has to work hard, sincere and really help to benefit and care the followers.

==================================
    Let us keep faith on ourselves and work sincerely, not leave everything to fate.

Sign In to post your comments