You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Miscellaneous

Miss Japan speaks Bengali, listens to Hindi music!

Priyanka Yoshikawa is Miss Japan 2016. This 22 year old beauty is half-Indian by birth, and way more Indian by choice. She speaks Bengali (her father is Bengali), has lived in India (Kolkata), listens to Hindi songs, and is a fan of Bollywood films. Basically, she loves everything about India as much as she loves Japan. Unfortunately she is subjected to racial slur, and is called 'haafu' (having one non-Japanese parent) in Japan.

Incidentally, Miss Priyanka's great-grandfather was West Bengal's first Chief Minister, Dr. Prafulla Chandra Ghosh.
    Yes I have also seen the news of Priyanka and her name suggests her connection with India and that too with Kolkatta. This once again proves that Indian presence in every field across the world either directly or Indirectly do benefit the country in getting name and fame.
    K Mohan
    I consider myself as the learner everyday

The name reminded me of Priyanka Chopra, the fully Indian who had won the Miss World 2000 pageant.

The mother tongue of Priyanka Yoshikawa is Japanese as her mother Naoko, was born in Japan. However, she can also speak Bengali and English. She will now represent her country Japan at the Miss World competition this year in November in Washington DC. Her facial looks resemble more like Japanese than Indian.

Bangladeshi media is claiming her to be of Bangladesh origin as her ancestral home is in the village of Malikanda, Upazila Dohar of Dhaka district.

Let us encourage each other in sharing knowledge.

#579097: The ancestral home of the first Chief Minister of West Bengal, Dr. Prafulla Chandra Ghosh, was in Malikanda village of undivided India. The Bangladeshi media are silent about his family's migration after independence.
    “Whenever I feel the need to exercise, I lie down until it goes away.” - Paul Terry

Sign In to post your comments